2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys please don't flame me if I've posted in the wrong section but I've just got a type r with the I pod lead built in. I don't have an I pod but I have an I phone. Can I use the lead to do anything other than charging the phone and if so how? When I plug the phone in nothing happens. Is there something I need to download or instal on the phone? Thanks, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Of course, it would help then if i actually had music on my I Phone lol!!

Next question how do i send my MP3's from my PC to my I Phone?
Are you joking :)

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Of course, it would help then if i actually had music on my I Phone lol!!
:rofl:. Not got an I phone as its just a glorified accessory thats still using 3G, but i have an ipod and everytime i try to put music on it from my pc i spend 2hrs trying to hunt down the tunes that for some unknown reason have been put in some random folder, so i can't really help you there. But your comment did make me chuckle so thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well glad I made you all laugh but as I said I've only had the I phone a few weeks and never put music on it before! I expected it would be as simple as connecting the phone to pc, opening the music folder and dragging the files over but I've now sussed it out using I tunes to make playlists. I tested it and it does indeed work so thanks to those who actually helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Install a xcarlink, they go for around £50.
Why when he already has something that does the job better??

If you make playlists and call them Honda1 - 6 then you can select those playlists on the head unit

Alternatively just set something playing and plug it in and it should carry on through the stereo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts