2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am really happy with my civic its an ex and is one of the first cars to roll out from swindon.`I GOT MINE IN NOV 2005!!!!!
I swapped my Jazz for a civic and i got the car soon cos the dealer would lose money on my Jazz if he had to wait for the official civic launch.
I have had no problems except for the fuel cap but thats sorted now
I just got the official honda ipod connecter fitted to the car and its awesome
its available from your dealer now it connects to the aux at the back of the player and the wire (connecter) sits in the space above the gear shift the one that opens.
Anyways hello everyone and its good to be here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I WONDER WHY PPL DONT LIKE IT COS THE SONGS ARE clear better than cd quality and u can access yr songs through the presets to avoid accidnets rather than having to fiddle through the song list on the ipod.
i love it its better than any other solution. it also chargers the ipod.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
I hink the complaint is that once it's plugged into the car you can't pick out individual albums or search by artist, and you're restricted to making playlists. What happens if you go out for a long drive and take a notion for a particular album? Can that be done in transit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well you are right but i am going to have a fiddle with the player and come up with something i am sure there is a work around.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Hi Callvinit, welcome aboard.

I was going to buy the ipod connector but decided not to bother due to it's lack of userability. I'm chuffed cause you can fire loads of mp3's onto cd and ur cd player plays them with ease. I also thought that £225 was a steep price for supply/fitting a cable.

Anyway enjoy

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
£225 for a cable is a **** take, and you can't just select albums, and there's no way of doing it on the ipod either. It's most certainly NOT better than CD quality, because even if it could handle FLAC (ipods can't*) that would still only be CD quality. Therefore there is compression on the music, and that's obviously not "CD" quality. Probably sounds alright though at 320 or V0/V2 level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts