2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 1st honda was picked up today :) Ive always had Seat/VW and the like but my dad has always sworn by honda due to their reliability, as Im sure you all know..... Anyway I picked a 07 Civic 2.2 today and enjoyed speeding home down the M4, despite the enevitable rush hour traffic round bristol and newport....What a car! Figured out the satnav and just about to go and see if my phone will work with the bluetooth....wish me luck..
Anyway I digress, Im trying to find if I have an AUX in for my phone as I cant seem to be able to see one anywhere...I was using a cheap chinese bluetooth receiver/remote in my last car. I have an EX model but I know they probably differ somewhat. Ultimatly I'd like an android 2din head and get rid of the built in satnav (seen plenty of vids on youtube) but at the moment I just want a way to be able to play spotify through the sound system, cheapest possible way too as Ive just blown my wadge on the car......
Any advice would be very much appreciated. Untill then I will burn a load of MP3 albums to a cd and see if that'll will do for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used one of these for a while:

Worked well for the price but occasionally got interference

Then installed a connects2 Bluetooth interface

Need to remove trim from the dash to install, guides on here helped me, it’s not too hard.

Can play music over Bluetooth and the steering wheel controls work with it too.

I think if it’s an 07 like mine your car won’t have aux or Bluetooth as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,006 Posts
Welcome

Unfortunately Aux isn't all you think it might he on these older cars.

As stated above, you'll need an add-in to enable modern tech.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used one of these for a while:

Worked well for the price but occasionally got interference

Then installed a connects2 Bluetooth interface

Need to remove trim from the dash to install, guides on here helped me, it’s not too hard.

Can play music over Bluetooth and the steering wheel controls work with it too.

I think if it’s an 07 like mine your car won’t have aux or Bluetooth as standard

It has bluetooth but only for the phone. So Connect2 will allow up/down steering controls wheel for changing tracks in spotify?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep and you can answer and end phone calls with them too.

It’s pretty good and works well but I still don’t think the sound quality is as good as a cd when I’ve compared it. Seems to cut some of the bass. Someone on here recommended the ‘yatour’ interface:

Apparently has better digital to analogue converter

Or you could get a cheaper aux in interface which should sound all good, but no steering controls etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With regard the sound quality I want to be able to play Flac files, via bluetooth or a memory stick...this guy seems to have all the answers...and I guess if its worth f=doing its worth doing properly.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts