2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Not posted for a while due to the fact that the Civic D-tec Sport has been a dream.. So tomorrow (Fri) is 1st MOT day. So the only thing i could imagine would be issue is front tyre wear. I've done done 8k since I've had it and loved every minute of it despite not getting use to the very sensitive dead centre steering feel whilst on the motorway. So is there anything i should be aware of which might crop up on the MOT. Thanks >:)

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Nothing should be on there, check brake pads have life left, check tyres, and silly things, like is there washer fluid etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M.O.T day happened..Total clean bill of health. Asked for a report on the pads and there's plenty of life left on them for a least another 12 months 12000 mile. Front tyres will need replacing soon but not as soon has I thought. The emissions test was clean as a whistle. Why they slate diesel engines of this kind is a mystery. The tester spoke highly of all Honda's.. Happy days

·
Registered
247 Posts
M.O.T day happened..Total clean bill of health. Asked for a report on the pads and there's plenty of life left on them for a least another 12 months 12000 mile. Front tyres will need replacing soon but not as soon has I thought. The emissions test was clean as a whistle. Why they slate diesel engines of this kind is a mystery. The tester spoke highly of all Honda's.. Happy days
Good news

Bear in mind the MOT emissions test is very simple to pass, as long as there's no visible smoke that's about it.

Mine only failed on brake pads which I could easily have checked myself - a 9G Honda shouldnt have too many problems yet unless abused or very high mileage

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Mine passed its second MOT in March and both times passed with distinction and no advisories. Now at 80k Miles and I reckon it'll sail through again. Preventative Maintenance is King.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
mine had a misting rear dampers at 80k, replaced by the seller before i bought the car in sept. most recent mot had the same (other side damper) only an advisory though but i replaced myself after the test.

no other issues with mine now at 120k miles to cause a fail, but they have mentioned wear in front bushes (i'm guessing wishbone bush) which i'll prob get looked at before the next test.

at 120k miles that car still drives like a new car - no creaks or rattles at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts