2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit busy the last couple of days and great to catch up with a few fellow forum members.:cool:

I have been working on Colin's black FN2 for the last couple of days and will finish off mapping it tomorrow before he returns to Dublin.

The car came in Monday morning and we ripped into it fitting a Wavetrac LSD, Mugen quickshift and the first NHB Mugen rear wing I have supplied.
Plan was to finish mapping the car today with a Flashpro but we found a few scuffs on the bodywork that Colin was gutted about but unable to get sorted for anything under 1000Euro's in Ireland so a few phonecalls later and I had his car in the local Honda bodyshop for a respray of the scuffs and scrapes.

Collected the car just after 4:30 and looks like they had the whole bodyshop working on the car. certainly made a change from all the regular trolley damaged Jazz's and repmobiles.:D

Here is a picture of it outside our unit this evening when we got it back:

photo.jpg

Good to catch up with Erik and Trevor as well.

Colins off to Manchester tonight for a bit of a photo session so expect a lot more photo's very soon.:cool:

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
fair play to the guy, sure he loves it, but really isnt for me, just looks far to out of place... certaintly unique

·
Registered
244 Posts
Was it difficult to install the mugen rear wing?

Or does it fit straight on?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
fair play to the guy, sure he loves it, but really isnt for me, just looks far to out of place... certaintly unique
Its totally different compare to the photo or video, I'm sure you will change your mine when you see it in fresh...

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Straight fit. Took 2 people though to support and hold it while securing it.
Paranoid of dropping or damaging it!:D

should get Daz's on Friday and that will look good as it's Milano with the black center section.

My picture isn't great and a good angle but it really does look good and is good proportion when you see it in the flesh.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I think it looks great...

Whats it like when you look out of the rear view mirror? Do you see the top of the spoiler?

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
The stock isnt either tho is it ?

Would like to weight up differences of Mugen Body parts compared against OEM

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Wow. That's looks stunning. If only I could justify getting the mugen wing and mugen short shift. money is there ready and waiting too... :(

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. That's looks stunning. If only I could justify getting the mugen wing and mugen short shift. money is there ready and waiting too... :(
Well uncle rob.....;);)
Try and justify an HKS intake and a flashpro and me mapping it for you. Drives like a new car....infact like it should have done in the start, and the clincher....better mpg.;)

Cheaper than a wing as well.:D

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Well uncle rob.....;);)
Try and justify an HKS intake and a flashpro and me mapping it for you. Drives like a new car....infact like it should have done in the start, and the clincher....better mpg.;)

Cheaper than a wing as well.:D
Is this the HKS racing suction kit? Or something else? And how much?

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
The stock isnt either tho is it ?

Would like to weight up differences of Mugen Body parts compared against OEM
Totally agree - If its lighter than stock i'm in - if not forget it. As you are paying over a grand to make your car slightly slower??

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes it is the Race kit.

I'm looking at setting up a group buy of them supplied and fitted for £350 but need to get conformation from HKS first I can discount it that much.:popcorn2:

Pop over if you can Friday afternoon whan Daz comes over for his wing and blag a ride with him and see what the remap and intake can do.

Tie up with Daz to arrange if possble. I will be there till about 6 anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Totally agree - If its lighter than stock i'm in - if not forget it. As you are paying over a grand to make your car slightly slower??
Debatable as its adjustable and whatever setting will generate more downforce at the rear allowing you to corner harder. Doesn't help so much in a straight line though granted.:worms:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Yes it is the Race kit.

I'm looking at setting up a group buy of them supplied and fitted for £350 but need to get conformation from HKS first I can discount it that much.:popcorn2:

Pop over if you can Friday afternoon whan Daz comes over for his wing and blag a ride with him and see what the remap and intake can do.

Tie up with Daz to arrange if possble. I will be there till about 6 anyway.
Yeah may do thanks. Its not too far from here in Wigan. What time you reckon you will have the wing fitted?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not sure. Better pm Daz direct and tie up with him as he will be down after he has finished work.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts