2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days there is a little problem ,when i stap on the gas it reacts only after a second or so, even when i've got 2500 rpm or 3000 rpm it always takes a second before there come's reaction. So i went to my dealer,he said
it needs reprogram .Honda has made a new program for "diesels 2007 with particel filther".So next thursday he 's going in .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i told him wat my problem was he told me that new of it and it needs to be reprogram . what do you meen by "turbolag" ?

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
With any diesel engine, there can be a short delay between you putting your foot down and the power coming on, this is due to the turbo 'winding up'.

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
I quite like the turbo lag - its like the calm before the storm.

..........nneeaawwwwwwww

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmm mine does this aswell so I wonder if I need this new program aswell...

Shouldn't be turbo lag at 2,500-3,000 rpm as it will be spooled up by then. It's a different feeling between those revs - a hesitation like someone is pushing bag on the gas pedal. Hard to explain but not the same as turbo lag

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's just what i'm willing to say (my englisch sucks )even on 3500 rpm it' s not normal because in the first weeks that i have the car it was not doing it

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hello Christophe,

You're from belgium isn'it ? So your car is equipped with a particle Filter (car sold in the french market are not ! that's one of the difference between Honda north europe and honda south europe !)

According to the french Civic site (civicyume.com) it is a known problem, and there is a new engine mapping to solve the problem.

Our car in France are not affected because we dont have this article filter.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Which countries in Europe have a DPF fitted then? Do UK models have it too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts