2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a lovely phone call from Honda today, reminding me my service is due..

im on the honda happiness service plan.... am i excepting the same level of service as one i would have pay for?? or do they do the bare minimum??,

the guy on the phone was really helpful.... asking the usual question, offered me a courtesy car, i told him i live/work in central london so my car is on the residents discount (i pay £1 aday instead of £10), so i asked him, do i pay for the congestion charge on the courtesy car or do you (honda), i was quiet surprise when he said, 'we will refund you the £10 for the inconvenience'.. so good news all round :eek::eek: got it booked in for the second week of March...

before the conversation ended, he said, ' if you find anything else you think we need to look at please let us know'... ... i told them about the rattling.... but after thinking about it now, it not really a servicing matter is it?

i cant seem to find any fault to the car to suggest anything else they should check...... i feel like i should make up something so they take a look at it...

is that wrong?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
You will get whatever courtesy car is available. Often a Jazz, less so a Civic. They will service it to the schedule, but be sure they do as they are pressed for time and will cut corners if they think they can get away with it. An example of this is checking the valve clearances at 25K, which my dealer did not want to do until I pointed it on the schedule. Turns out that that takes more time than they get paid for from Honda for the service. That isn't your concern and as long as your car is serviced to the schedule you are happy. Have them look at anything that you aren't happy with, whether it be creaky suspension, a dash rattle or something more serious like flames out of the bonnet.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
if it's still under warranty (even used car warranty) then get them to sort the rattlling out....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.