2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just spent most of the day detailing our new toy, the stages I used were as follows-
  1. Rinse down with jet wash.
  2. Shampoo using Meguiars Gold Class & Megs microfibre wash mitt and used the 2 bucket method.
  3. Dried with a Autoglym Aqua Dry Hi Tech Synthetic Chamois (not very good, need to look for something better).
  4. Clay using the Meguiars Quik clay kit (1st time using clay, was really nervous but it works a treat).
  5. Polished using Autoglym Super Resin.
  6. Waxed using Meguiars Deep Crystal Wax.
  7. Treated tyres with Meguiars Gold Class Endurance tyre gel.
I thought the car was free of swirls but the sun came out while I was waxing a showed some so I need to address this next time, not sure what would work best for swirls.

There are still loads of products I need but these will come in time.

Hope you like the pics and please leave comments and suggestions of different/better products and techniques to use.

Cheers,

Craig.

Attachments

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
try the meguairs drying towel mate, im on my third one, nice piece of kit. the swirls are unfortunate but will happen. swirl x doesnt really do much except for mask them, poorboys black hole is meant to be good.
car does look great mate, black is such an awesome colour.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Ahhh, my car has been at honda for four days, looks just like this.... now more than ever I can't wait to pick it up ! Looks very nice! If you want to get rid of the swirls you'll need something with a bit of cutting compound. Swirl x is not very harsh but will get rid of swirls. You may just have to go over the same section a few times depending on how bad it is. Ultimate compound has more cut but need to be a little more careful with it as the paint is super soft on the car.
SRP and Black hole glaze are both good products but srp has almost no cutting ability and black hole is just a glaze so none at all. Best they will do to swirls is mask them for a while....

Reactions: Davyboy16

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Nice mate, ive used swirl x by hand on my old bronze ctr didint really do much best bet is to buy a DA polisher to correct the paint work.

Car looks sweet though congrats

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Looks smart mate! love the black. You have to live with the swirls on Honda paint, I have tried everything but after a couple of careful washes you are back to swirls :mad:

·
Registered
122 Posts
the only real way to kill the swirls is to us a very light cuytting polish and a dual action polisher.

Obvioulsy due to Honda paint being so soft you want to use something like Menzerna final finish or even autoglym SRP. The SRP does have slight cutting ability and seems to work well on honda paint. Then Finish off with EGP and HD wax. I find this to be a decent combo and has reasonable protection on swirls on this **** paint. But I do do the SRP / EGP about 2-3 times a year and the HD wax once a month. It keeps it looking half decent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts