2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What os it with my 1st to 2nd gear chamge grinding when i launch the car ! Its ok when im not really on it but when ive got my toe down its grinding. Whats the fix and whats the cost !

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
My 2007 Type R does this, I find if you change to second at 7.500 ish rpm it goes in nicely whereas if I take it to 8000 rpm it grinds

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Does the clutch pedal bite quite near the floor?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
i have this problem also but I find if you slow down the changes it doesn't do it, very rarely happens now still quite annoying though when it does

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i have this problem on mine an like asked before my bite is quite low when i took it to a local garage they told me it could be the gear syncros and when i had it in tdi north paul said that could be the case cause it did feel "crunchy" after he drove it :(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Probably syncro's then. I would suggest a gearbox oil change first before you consider splitting the box.

My EP3 had half it's gearbox oil missing and I had syncro issues, which was finally investigated by the garage after repeated complaints.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
yeah i had the gearbox oil changed on mine helped for a while but then it come back i dunno if it is the syncros just what was said to me it could be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts