2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
The D is for Dave
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to AutoEkspress [sic] the new R will get a 2.0 lump with a turbo stuck on.

If this is true then I'm not sure what I think. I was quite looking forward to a light-fronted, super revvy, non-bank-busting, 1.6l type R.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Wow think I might do some begging to stay in Germany till 2015 so I can have it with tax off.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Sounds promising if the report is to be believed

·
The D is for Dave
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe its going to be a 1.6 Turbo NOT the 2 litre engine
I'm waiting for Dan to clarify, that article had today's date on it and quotes directly from the horses mouth.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
2.0T will be sick.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I dont really know how it works but cant they use the K20 + turbo with a bigger cat to make the emissions regulations?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
if it is a 1.6 turbo, the techs will have their work cut out making it the fastest fwd machine round the 'ring

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I dont really know how it works but cant they use the K20 + turbo with a bigger cat to make the emissions regulations?

Well the BTCC Civics have the lovely 2.0l revvy engine with a turbo fitted so I dont see how it can be a load of crap I'm sure its more than possible. Guess we'll have to wait and see. But if its to be the quickest fwd around the Ring It's going to be allot of stress on a 1.6T engine in all fairness.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I'm liking the idea of a possible all wheel steer where all wheels would 'toe in' under heavy braking ........

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
1.6 Honda turbo's have been pushing out over 500hp for a long time on the aftermarket. Also isn't the WTCC 1.6 so it would make sense to make use of all that work in the WTCC?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
According to AutoEkspress [sic] the new R will get a 2.0 lump with a turbo stuck on.

If this is true then I'm not sure what I think. I was quite looking forward to a light-fronted, super revvy, non-bank-busting, 1.6l type R.

If it turns out like that, I will buy one at some point (most likely second hand in a few years time!) Looks amazing, really impressed with that render.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Surely this cant be right!? I thought Honda were using the WTCC to develop the engine for the new CTR? Where's this 2.0 engine coming from?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts