2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what should the above be as a rough guide? I’ve just had a quote from a local Honda dealer for £565 incl. VAT which seems excessive. I realise this is one of the larger services but I thought maybe I phoned up a Mercedes dealership… I had to double check I had a 6 year old Honda outside still. :)

Thanks a lot.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
That seems way over the top, I would have said it should be more in the ball park of £220 for the 62.5k service.

Check out the wiki link for a good idea of service costs

Service Cost - Civinfo Wiki

Reactions: ytrebil

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
62.5k service is a relatively minor service.

Only difference is the coolant needs changing.

£565 is extortionate.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, dealers differ SO much it's not right but oh well...

Glyn Hopkins in Chelmsford want £330.08 but spoke about level 1, level 2 etc servicing plus this and that (I didn’t really understand what he meant) and won’t do a collect and drop because I’m 20 miles away. Didn’t seem to help too much.

Invicta Honda at Tunbridge Wells as more helpful – wanted £295 but I could save 10% if I book online but can’t collect and drop until mid-April as all booked up.

John Pease in Braintree was by far the most helpful… £189 said it’s only a smaller one with a coolant change (as per above post), said they don’t usually do a collect and drop but a colleague doesn’t live far from me so should be able to collect and drop it off for me. Also told me there are no recalls on the car.

So as you can see, a variation in pricing and also helpfulness. My DC5 was with John Pease before I owned the car and now I know why the previous owner took it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.