2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm currently looking forward to do a remap to my civic however before, I want to change the clutch to one that can handle the added power.

I came to know a maltese member here who 2 years ago bought the CC twinplate & smf and never had any problems with it.

Since these are no longer in production, it seems the two best available options are the ones in the title.

I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who installed these kits throughout the years - in terms of reliability and driveability.

I use it daily and in Malta everywhere is urban (... with lots of traffic) so I would prefer a clutch which press is similar to stock.

The map I'm looking at will achieve around 200hp and 314 ft lb of torque.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
TDI North do a cc kit with smf for £860 fitted. I would go with them if I were u, the quality and fitting would be second to none with a guarantee aswell as it's a package from them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
TDI North do a cc kit with smf for £860 fitted. I would go with them if I were u, the quality and fitting would be second to none with a guarantee aswell as it's a package from them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd hold off on the 'guarantee' comment until Edd gets a decent result from the grief he's had from his Competition Clutch fitted by them.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/351914-car-wont-go-gear-6.html

The chap above is in Malta so he's not going to be able to nip up to TDi.

Reactions: chino and Farqui

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I'm glad I went CG666 as I've yet to read of any issues with their kit, apart from incorrect installation faults. I've read of a couple of issues with the CC kit (more on the Facebook group than on here) and the car I drove with one fitted wasn't as smooth as my kit, there was a little judder but there's never been any judder from mine. I've since fitted the bypass damper and may get it refitted as it's not nice feeling the thrust bearing spinning through the pedal. Bite point is also very high and could do with bringing down, I may look at doing the clutch pedal mod instead.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I'm glad I went CG666 as I've yet to read of any issues with their kit, apart from incorrect installation faults. I've read of a couple of issues with the CC kit (more on the Facebook group than on here) and the car I drove with one fitted wasn't as smooth as my kit, there was a little judder but there's never been any judder from mine. I've since fitted the bypass damper and may get it refitted as it's not nice feeling the thrust bearing spinning through the pedal. Bite point is also very high and could do with bringing down, I may look at doing the clutch pedal mod instead.
I've read of a couple of owners who've had issues with the CG666 clutch kit. One had a replacement clutch and still had problems.

Likewise a number of users had problems with the CC with at least one possible failure...watch this space for developments.

CC seems to be the more popular choice, most likely due to price difference between two but don't really think we can say one is better than the other.

If you're happy with your CG666 then that's great. Long may you enjoy it and if you do the mod for a lighter pedal then please feedback here on the forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
The clutch pedal arm mod I did virtually eliminates those vibes through the pedal.

Reactions: chino

·
Oldboy-racer
909 Posts
Do you know which clutch plate your CG666 has? One has springs in the centre hub and the other has a flat spring plate that is sandwiched between the friction plates.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Do you know which clutch plate your CG666 has? One has springs in the centre hub and the other has a flat spring plate that is sandwiched between the friction plates.
Thanks
I went for the sprung option, not sure how effective the springs actually are but decided to opt for them when CG told me they'd never had one fail. Just seemed the logical choice being as the DMF isn't there an longer.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
The cc kit with smf has horrific heavy pedal and makes car horrific to drive as a result. Id stay clear and get oem

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
My clutch was a little lighter than the CC clutch in another members car that I drove, it's lighter again since fitting the damper bypass and it's certainly not horrific. I hardly drive the car but the Mrs uses it everyday in stop start traffic and it doesn't bother her. At first the clutch was very heavy but it does get a lot lighter with a few thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I have a CC single plate smf,

It's horrible, clutch pedal is heavy, it "judders" if not enough revs are put in while taking off, I have the damper bypass fitted too! and you "feel" so much in the clutch compaired to OEM.

Only good side is handles a stage 2 remap just fine!.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
I've given everyone the solution. Mod the clutch pedal assembly and all your troubles are 99% eliminated.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I've just ordered a clutch assembly off eBay for £15. I'll mod the eBay pedal and get a garage to swap the units, there's no chance of me doing it as I have no hope of fitting in the footwell (I can just about squeeze in to change the 12v sockets fuse). If all goes well I'll mod the unit that comes out of the car so it's ready to fit and sell it on here to recoup my money.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
What do you do to mod the pedal?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
I'm not even answering that fella. On your first post, think about searching the forum, becoming a supporter and contribute to the knowledge base.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts