2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all about doing things in the right order with me.....so now I've had my stage 1 re-map & paddle clutch - its time to think about slowing down a little quicker :) On the basis that my journey to work takes approx 5 mins & I only give it a slight thrashing at weekends, what do you guys recommend? I started looking at the Mtec discs, but then thought if they are only rated to 650 degrees - what advantage do they have over standard discs (other than the grooves milled into the surface). For pads I was going to go for mintex on the rear & yellowstuff on the front......but then I saw costel had mentioned bluestuff because yellowstuff would eat oem discs - but reading the review on bluestuff they are track focused so wouldn't these have the same effect too? Trying to keep spending to a minimum & I was also going to buy some braided steel lines, so whats best?

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
blue stuff have a wider operating temp than yellow meaning they work better cold, grooves will allegedly dissipate heat better so a grooved disc should perform better than a oem one. relic has yellows with gd discs, ss lines and motul fluid and swears by them, i have had a few different set ups my current is the best but if i was starting from scratch i would do the brake lines and fluid first and then work from there if still not happy with pads next, my current discs are oem ctr and no issues

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I've just upgraded my pads to EBC greenstuff all round, so far happy with the result, discs were fine so kept them on.

Got my full set of pads for £88 in total with delivery from ebay!!

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As they're pretty much the same price as standard discs I might give the MTEC ones a blast (might opt for grooves & dimples seeing as you get the option). Bluestuff pads on the front, mintex on the back & then some blue braided steel lines.

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any fluid in particular - or do I just look for dot 5.1?

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers dude I'll make sure I invest in some

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.