2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating for a while now whether or not to get my 2010 2.2 GT-T Remapped and a lot of my issues with remapping is down to...

Honda has a replacement clutch as the old 06 serial numbers differs from recent clutch replacement parts.

Is there anyway of knowing if my clutch is the up-rated one? Serial numbers etc.. and how would i find it?

Also remaps are ment to help improve your MPG i feel that the 138BHP of the 2.2 is underpowered and a remap would improve this as i drive reasonably sencible and only return 42MPG if im lucky.

Any Ideas and whats other peoples MPG

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am getting around 54mpg on motorway and urban driving combined. Suggesting it is underpowered gives me the impression you like to put your foot flat to the floor, which will do mpg no good.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I can get over 60 mpg if I stick to 60mph, I think the claimed 138 bhp is on the low side as I have seen standard engines posted on here at over 150 bhp

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I have egr off map and i am getting over 50 mpg with enthusiastic driving style. I checked yesterday reading and was 51.8 over 8000 miles. Recently I have done 2000 miles continental trip with 80 90 mph. Also just petrol money calculation look very good.

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
As a 2010 model you will have a better clutch than the earlier version.

I have had mine remapped (With uprated clutch and some other goodies) and regularly sit around mid 60's mpg for combined town and green lane driving (We don't have motorways in Norfolk!!!)

Best thing I can suggest is taking your car to a garage that has a rolling road and the ability to tweak the map that is being put on your car.

Just because a headline figure says you are going to get x amount of BHP from a map - it is the torque that actually breaks the clutch

With mine I had the fuel delivery limited in 1st and 2nd to reduce the BHP (and the Torque) in those gears making for a car that is more drivable in urban environments. But when out of town the power delivery really kicks in

Hope this helps

K :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have had mine remapped (With uprated clutch and some other goodies) and regularly sit around mid 60's mpg for combined town and green lane driving (We don't have motorways in Norfolk!!!)

Best thing I can suggest is taking your car to a garage that has a rolling road and the ability to tweak the map that is being put on your car.

Just because a headline figure says you are going to get x amount of BHP from a map - it is the torque that actually breaks the clutch

With mine I had the fuel delivery limited in 1st and 2nd to reduce the BHP (and the Torque) in those gears making for a car that is more drivable in urban environments. But when out of town the power delivery really kicks in

Hope this helps

Sounds good, I wonder if the fuel delivery limit is something a company would consider doing when remapping a civic or is it something extra. When i say 138 is under powered i only meant it in the way if 138 was fine why use a 2.2 and not a 1.9. But if my car defo has the uprated clutch (im at 36K miles and works fine) i think il defo have to visit sedox-performance. Also i emailed K&N and they said a 2.2 CDTI panel filter will be available within the next 2 months.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Sounds good, I wonder if the fuel delivery limit is something a company would consider doing when remapping a civic or is it something extra. When i say 138 is under powered i only meant it in the way if 138 was fine why use a 2.2 and not a 1.9. But if my car defo has the uprated clutch (im at 36K miles and works fine) i think il defo have to visit sedox-performance. Also i emailed K&N and they said a 2.2 CDTI panel filter will be available within the next 2 months.
That sounds interesting ! There's been nothing good in the way of these at all.

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts

Hope this helps

Are you on commission for that remap Karlos it sounds very good when you put it like that :cool: and believe Karlos when he says we have no motorways, we are lucky if we get a dual carriageway so expect more MPG than him as long as your not too 'enthusiastic' when driving.

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts

I had the stage 2 map tweaked to suit my preference - if the company writes their own software then they should be able to do this without too much issue

Relic has done ALOT of study into aftermarket panel filters, modified airboxes etc and TBH his conclusion was that Honda did a pretty bang on job with the standard one. Nothing else betters it so I would save the £40 :)

Carson - I wish bud ... although a visit is planned to see them December time for a bit more tweaking and a proper dyno run (FMIC didn't wanna play ball - turbo leak =/)

The 73.3 mpg was done on the A17 up to Derbyshire ... mid sixties is nice and easy if you flick cruise control on around 60mph and inflate your tyres a bit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts