2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd say I'm a rather sedate driver these days and rarely give it the full beans. According to the car, I'm averaging 44mpg on my '09 plate Mk8.

Does this match yours?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Currently 53 but it's nearly all extra-urban on this tank so far, but it's usually 50+. Before I changed my fuel filter I was getting 40-44, it was aftermarket with rust on it, guessing it'd been there a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... changing the fuel filter made that much difference ?! I've got one here that I've been meaning to fit for a year! I might get on that this weekend.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I tend to get between 50 and 60mpg but the car is mainly used on longer runs (100 to 150 miles at a time).

I also have a fuel filter I have never fitted and I don't know when it was last done. May do it this summer. Has anyone ever had the light come on to drain water from the filter housing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah lol, and best of all is i have to drive like a granny to get it there o_O , heavy foot then it falls to 27mpg more or less.. 380 miles to a tank. If you have suggestions as what to look for.. Now leaks , brakes are not binding..

·
Registered
4 Posts
im getting 36.6 with my new remap, used to be 32 odd.

Mind you i drive it like i stole it !!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got 55mpg from a 1.2 Fiesta over 200 miles sitting between 70-75.

Wonder if the Ford computer lies 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow... changing the fuel filter made that much difference ?! I've got one here that I've been meaning to fit for a year! I might get on that this weekend.
It's down to 50 now from shorter trips, but yeah it was a surprising difference, wonder how long it was on there to get rusty 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
When I had mine I got average of about 44-48 around town. On longer trips I was able to extract 55-58 from it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
44-47MPG mix driving for 25miles to work and back, but in generally motorway or not i get 460miles to a tank on my 2.2 cdti

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Sun was beating down so a few reflections, but the first run since I changed the exhaust manifold. 129 miles on a mixture of motorway, A and B roads resulted in 63.6mpg on the display. Jumped up about 10mpg since changing the manifold and I still need to do the diesel filter.

That’s pretty much sticking to speed limits which I tend to do and with the air con switched on all the way.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Stick cruise on at 70mph generally. I don’t dawdle, but I’m no speed demon either and usually drive to speed limit.

First part of motorway journey was a 60mph limit and it was reading over 70mpg initially. Return journey image attached

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sun was beating down so a few reflections, but the first run since I changed the exhaust manifold. 129 miles on a mixture of motorway, A and B roads resulted in 63.6mpg on the display. Jumped up about 10mpg since changing the manifold and I still need to do the diesel filter.

That’s pretty much sticking to speed limits which I tend to do and with the air con switched on all the way.

View attachment 314121
Robbie what exhaust manifold have you put on it ?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
It’s a one piece cast manifold from a Honda CRV. The old manifold was cracked. Wasn’t done for any performance or economy gain but shows a cracked manifold does tend to use more fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see I've just bought a 2.2 and I am looking at few issues it has like it gos a bit flat at higher revs as if it loses boost im wondering if mine is cracked

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts