2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car will hesitate markedly when accelerating gently just above 1500 rpm, 4th gear.

Any ideas?

98000miles
Premium diesel used
No fault codes when interrogated via fuse box
Honda serviced
Not turbo lag
Sometimes in third

Very annoying. :confused:

Won't go to Honda as my experience on both my civics not positive for fault finding.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
With a warm engine try driving for 5 mins at higher revs (>3000rpm)

In my opinion too may miles driven at low rpm keeps the manifold pressure low allowing a build up of carbon deposits. I had this in my Saab. Blanking off the EGR and cleaning up the manifold cured the same symptoms you are having.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
egr was my first thought, and cleaning seems to be a short term fix. give fahad from premier tuning a shout.
even a stage one with egr delete will be a fantastic improvement

·
Registered
11 Posts
Similar issues with mine 2012, so far cleaned the ECR valve that was completely gunked up resulted in short term improvement (about a week!), bought a second hand valve off ebay, quite clean so fitted and an immediate cure but sadly only for a month?
The hesitation is getting worse now from the odd blip to four or five in a row.
As I'm looking at the valve its purely mechanical i.e. worked by vacuum in theory not much to go wrong!
Does anyone know what controls the vacuum to these valves and what vacuum is needed for the to operate?
I can't believe there is not a definitive answer to this what seems like a very common problem! or is there and I just can't find it.
New valves from Honda over £700 and no aftermarket suppliers seem interested!
There is a what looks like a solenoid further down the vacuum line but I'm not sure what it's called at the moment and what operates it (ECU?)

Any info is always appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.