2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
No not overheating.
And yes I switch on the heaters and the radiator fans kick in.
Been out and give it a boot but it must not be getting hot enough. Running fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I did my coolant change today. Same problems with the fans not kicking in bit all seems fine. All the pipes are hot, heaters are hot and engine temp is fine :)

I didn't drain by the plug on the block. I cheated and took the bottom hose off the rad. It took just over 6 litres of coolant so its as good as new :)

Also cleaned the egr valve too. That was a much simpler job :)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I did my coolant change today. Same problems with the fans not kicking in bit all seems fine. All the pipes are hot, heaters are hot and engine temp is fine :)

I didn't drain by the plug on the block. I cheated and took the bottom hose off the rad. It took just over 6 litres of coolant so its as good as new :)

Also cleaned the egr valve too. That was a much simpler job :)
I want to do this soon, where did you access the bottom hose from? Easy to get to ??

·
The D is for Dave
286 Posts
Remove the plastic engine cover and follow the right-hand pipe from the fluid tank across the engine. It looks like a hollow bolt with a nut screwed onto it, next to a sensor.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
sorry to resurrect a old thread but did you guys fine the catch tank ?

was it full ? and is that the drivers side wheel ?

i took the wheel off but couldnt understand as all i saw was the screen wash reservoir bottle

little confused

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Remove the plastic engine cover and follow the right-hand pipe from the fluid tank across the engine. It looks like a hollow bolt with a nut screwed onto it, next to a sensor.
I know I sound rock as two short planks but how do I get off the engine undercover?
any help is very much appreciated.
I am prepared to take some sick for this as is probably really simple but it stretches from each wheel arch to the rear of the car and had unfathomable clip attachments

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
I know I sound rock as two short planks but how do I get off the engine undercover?
any help is very much appreciated.
I am prepared to take some sick for this as is probably really simple but it stretches from each wheel arch to the rear of the car and had unfathomable clip attachments
I imagine it's the same as my Accord... simply lever out the centre part of the round plug things, then lever out the rest of the plug (you'll probably break a couple, but they're cheap to get from eBay). I had four 10mm bolts on mine as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Done service yesterday but need some help on coolant renewal. Great thread but a novice like me was struggling locating the engine drain plug and also the engine bleed valve. I know this is probably simple but can't fathom this out from the diagrams.
Is this just me, but I couldn't for the life of me see the 'receiver' in the left wheel arch. Behind the left front headlight their was a metal tank with a grill but this was fixed so couldn't see how this could be moved! Most of my time was taken fighting with that good awful engine under cover ?.
Lost a couple of clips on re attachment and then the heavens opened and daylight was rapidly fading to make things worse!
any help in locating said release plug and bleed valve would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gentlemen, where this bolt from the engine block where the coolant is drained because I sure as hell can not find
[url]http://www.iv.pl/images/02911453457168918381.png[/url] [/ IMG]
and can someone exchanged piston front and rear and knows sizes
I know the front is 54 mm x height but not to us
on the back of 34 mm x height and here too I do not know

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Hi

How much Coolant is required to do the change? 6.6 and 7.8 litres are mentioned in that guide.

My mechanic friend will be doing this job. Should I get the proper Honda coolant or will any standard coolant do the job?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Hi

Proper Honda coolant is better, buy from cox motor parts, not much difference in price, unless you plan to use the aftermarket on a different car then that seems wiser, I needed coolant for a Toyota so decided to buy concentrated coolant, used on both cars..
I'm pretty sure I used 6.6l.

Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
18,080 Posts
I want to do a coolant change soon but cannot locate the bleed bolt. If someone can put up a photo up of it that would be great help.
Drain is in the radiator e.g. http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...k_01=17SMG601&block_02=B__0502&block_03=16539

There is also a block drain plug on the back of the engine.

The bleed screw is on the head http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/85058-2-2-coolant-change-2.html#post1587834 - the 1st post has a handy PDF ;)

Found it on Lings http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...k_01=17SMG601&block_02=E__4510&block_03=16539 - #5 and #12 on the front RHS of the engine (as you look at it), next to the block temp sensor (ECT1), near the EGR feed pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Drain is in the radiator e.g. Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

There is also a block drain plug on the back of the engine.

The bleed screw is on the head http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/85058-2-2-coolant-change-2.html#post1587834 - the 1st post has a handy PDF ;)

Found it on Lings Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda - #5 and #12 on the front RHS of the engine (as you look at it), next to the block temp sensor (ECT1), near the EGR feed pipe.
Thanks yeah I saw the pdf, but the picture isn't really clear. Would prefer a colour photo...

21 - 40 of 74 Posts