2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 and when pulling away I get an intermittent "creak" noise. The noise appears to be behind me most of the time but occasionally sounds like its at the front of the car. If i release the clutch *very* slowly then it doesn't make the noise.

Here is a video of me making the creak noise after a 40 mile run.

Does anyone know what this could be???

Thanks

*EDIT* Or could this be a newish driver not releasing the clutch properly?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heard something at 3 seconds is that the sound ? does your foot vibrate when releasing the clutch pedal,would like to hear without your hazards on..
Yep thats the sound, Ill try and get better video of it later without hazards and possibly a few times. I didn't get the chance to go to a secluded area yesterday.

There isn't any vibration in the clutch pedal that I can detect and there is zero slippage at high gear/speed (around 3.25K RPM in 4th).

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I originally thought it was the clutch too but there is zero sign of any slippage.

Here is a better video,

Could it simply be that I need to to release it slower and more revs.

Also I read elsewhere that old clutch fluid could be the problem. What do you think?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
you pull away gently the sound is not heard does the noise sound metallic? it could be heatshield underneath a worn engine mount resonating metal on metal,best to let the garage get it up on their ramps whilst you replicate the sound...

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you pull away gently the sound is not heard does the noise sound metallic? it could be heatshield underneath a worn engine mount resonating metal on metal,best to let the garage get it up on their ramps whilst you replicate the sound...
I don't think that sounds too unhealthy to be honest. It sounds like metal on metal like Deni says.

Best to get it to a garage bud

Thanks for the insight guys. I've booked her in for monday, hopefully its nothing too serious.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soo the garage got back to me. They suspect an exhaust joint but can't 100% be sure. Their advice was to leave it til it gets worse and then bring it back.

Does this seem reasonable or risky to you guys?? (I feel its risky)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.