My step dad has a 09 plate diesel, last year the air con pulley fell apart and melted taking Aux belt with it. We replaced the pulley and magnet (what a horrible job that was) and it didn't work after. Anyway a year later, I now have the same car albeit a type S and after reading about the issues on here I checked his relay, sure enough it was no good, old style and rattling, replaced it and replaced 7.5 amp fuse and it still don't work. There appears to be plenty of gas inside when pressing valve. Am I right in thinking it could of melted the loom to the compressor? Would a non genuine pulley/magnet be the cause?