2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Civic for two months and it has always made a strange noise when accelerating and hitting the clutch.

The noise is best reproduced when accelerating up a steep hill in 1st, taking the engine to 2800RPM and hitting the clutch pedal and letting it fall down to 1000RPM. The noise is at its peak around the 1400-1700RPM mark. The noise is also there while accelerating in this rev range, so its not just caused by the clutch being released. Noise was at its loudest today when i returned from a 65mile motorway trip at high speed. Could not hear the noise over the wind noise though.

The best way to describe the sound that i can think off is imagine blowing into a glass jar, and take away the high pitched elements.

I am not confusing this with the hissing sound from the turbo, this can be heard over the top of that.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
As you've not had the car long it may be one of those things you've still got to get used to. If you are worried that there's a fault, see your dealer, its what the warranty is for.

If the car is running normally I wouldn't worry too much, my Civic makes some very strange noises.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It´s the turbo working and the turbo noice in the Civic diesels are a bit loud.
This has been noticed by different motor journalists at the launch of the 2,2 civic and I think the sound is still there on the 2009 models.
I´m not sure why the turbo sound so loud.
Same enginge in the CR-V and accord doesn´t have these noices.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I agree, it's the turbo.

I've only had my car 9 days and the first few I was listening to all the squeks, rattle and roll. The turbo is fairly loud with it's errie whistle but it just adds to the futuristic look of the vehicle and the looks that people still give to this presence on the roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts