2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
remapping to get what result? are you after more fuel economy? or more power?

If I had the money and time to go somewhere reputable, I'd get my 2.2 5 door remapped.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
My friend had his peugeot diesel remapped, it came with power gains AND better fuel economy...

if he drove it the way he always used to, it would have given him better economy but because it was now "more powerful" he drove it like a race car and got the opposite result lol.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Get it remapped, it will transform the car (for the better).

The only snag is, that you'll need to factor in a new clutch... :worms:

...and better brakes ! [smilie=holyshit.gi:

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
True, the 'puters tend to over read as standard and get a few % worse after a remap.

Since going EGR, off my economy has consistently been higher, using tank to tank calcs. Provided I don't hoof it all the time I'm not sure if everyone would see an improvement with EGR off, or if it just confirms that my valve was on the frtiz.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
From the wiki...

"The MPG gauge on the onboard computer can over-read by 3 mpg or so."

My experience, after having a stage 2 remap and doing tank-to-tank calculations, was that my trip was overreading by about 11%.

This...

...was actually 69.7. Still well happy. :D

NB That was with an EGR on remap. Oh, and btw, current stage 3 map, with hybrid turbo and EGR off is returning not much more than 40 mpg. :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
From the wiki...

...was actually 69.7. Still well happy. :D
you managed 78 MPG from a mapped diesel... my uncle managed 77 from his factory fresh mapped diesel.

dont see the point in remapping an engine, you have to factor in premature clutch and turbo wear... keeping it standard is a 'cheaper' option in my eyes

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
...dont see the point in remapping an engine, you have to factor in premature clutch and turbo wear... keeping it standard is a 'cheaper' option in my eyes

Each to their own. Anyways, I have a Competition Clutch twin plate and a hybrid turbo. [smilie=tongue.gif]

If I wanted "cheap" I'd of bought an Aygo or a Smart.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Each to their own. Anyways, I have a Competition Clutch twin plate and a hybrid turbo. [smilie=tongue.gif]

If I wanted "cheap" I'd of bought an Aygo or a Smart.
Indeed! Modifying a car is never going to be cheap! But if you enjoy it, the money is well worth it!

Just gotta do it right to reduce excess costs!

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Indeed! Modifying a car is never going to be cheap! But if you enjoy it, the money is well worth it!

Just gotta do it right to reduce excess costs!

Indeed.

Do it right, do it once, unlike a lot of us. :facepalm:

Second clutch upgrade, second brake upgrade, and third remap ! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts