2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently purchased a 2007 Civic Type S with the 2.2 Diesel engine. It has done 150k and has a good service history. However, I want to do a complete service for my own piece of mind. I have only owned petrol cars before so am unsure if there is anything diesel specific that I should consider. Here is my list so far; is there anything anyone can think of to add, check or even remove?

Thanks in advance

Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Pollen Filters
Coolant
Brake Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Inspect Drive Belt/Timing Chain

·
Registered
414 Posts
I reckon you've got most of it there.

It is a chain driven cam and I think you might regret trying to inspect it - it requires quite a bit of work to get to it.

If it isn't rattling and you continue to use the right oil (0W-30 fully synthetic) then I wouldn't worry about the chain.

Oh - have a look on here for a "how to" on the fuel filter - it's quite a tricky job because it's tucked away at the back of the engine bay.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Defo include the EGR valve, whilst you have access to the inlet manifold, take a peek and see how much gunk lines the walls. The gunk gets worst the closer its gets towards the head. I recently de-coked my inlet and it made a huge difference, like having a remap!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - will add that item. List now looks like...

Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Pollen Filters
Coolant
Brake Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Clean EGR
Clean Inlet Manifold
Inspect Timing Chain if its rattling

Here's some other information I've collated which others may find useful...correct me if any of it is wrong.

Service Intervals and volumes (brackets are precise amounts)
Oil + Filter - 12.5k/1 year - 6 (5.9) litres
Air filter - 25k/2 years
Pollen filter - 25k/2 years
Fuel filter - 25k/2 years
Transmission fluid - 75k/8 years - 3(2.2) litres
Coolant - 5 years - 7(6.6) litres
Brake fluid - 3 years - 1.5(1) litres

1 - 6 of 6 Posts