2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

ive got a 2008 2.2 diesel type s. just wanted to ask any others who have a similar diesel civic about the VSA. firstly i dont experience a significant increase in power with the VSA off but i do feel the foot brakes are not as strong as when the VSA is on.

secondly, even with the VSA off its still is difficult to rear spin in corners.

prob this happens since it is a diesel. does anyone experience the same thing?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
There isn't an increase in power, however it will easily wheel-spin in first and second with it off, VSA cuts the throttle to help control wheel-spin

The footbrake servo isn't altered by the VSA being turned off, your brake force shouldn't change

Also, i'm not sure what you mean by 'rear spin' ?
If you mean a handbrake turn, it's all in the technique! I've not done one in the civic as it's my pride and joy and wouldn't wan't to chance any damage!

·
Registered
669 Posts
the difference between vsa and...

Hi guys,

what is the difference between traction control,esp and VSA? many thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi guys,

what is the difference between traction control,esp and VSA? many thanks
Traction control just helps with forward (or reverse I suppose) traction.

ESP and VSA are essentially different names from different car brands for stability control, which will also help stabilise the car if you for example drive too quickly into a corner.

There is a lot more in the wiki.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
hi all,

ive got a 2008 2.2 diesel type s. just wanted to ask any others who have a similar diesel civic about the VSA. firstly i dont experience a significant increase in power with the VSA off but i do feel the foot brakes are not as strong as when the VSA is on.

secondly, even with the VSA off its still is difficult to rear spin in corners.

prob this happens since it is a diesel. does anyone experience the same thing?
There isn't an increase in power, however it will easily wheel-spin in first and second with it off, VSA cuts the throttle to help control wheel-spin

The footbrake servo isn't altered by the VSA being turned off, your brake force shouldn't change

Also, i'm not sure what you mean by 'rear spin' ?
If you mean a handbrake turn, it's all in the technique! I've not done one in the civic as it's my pride and joy and wouldn't wan't to chance any damage!
As Scotty says there is no power increase by turning the VSA off and the braking force should not change either.

I'm not sure what you mean by rear spin (oversteer?), but I don't see how the fuel has any affect on the handling (other than the engine being heavier).

Handbrake turns certainly need the VSA off though. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.