2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having washed the car last night I thought that it was time to add it to the gallery. Also shots of my iPod in it's Brodit mount and Nuvi GPS on the windscreen.
Simon

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Is the ipod held in with a Brodit mount?

I have the lower down one for my GPS.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mount on the dash is Brodit, not sure about the actual holder for the iPod as I purchased this some time ago and can't remember the name! It has a backplate which screws onto the Brodit mount and uses a swivel joint to give flexibility.

Just remembered the holder for the iPod is a 'ProClip'.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Honda100 said:
The mount on the dash is Brodit, not sure about the actual holder for the iPod as I purchased this some time ago and can't remember the name! It has a backplate which screws onto the Brodit mount and uses a swivel joint to give flexibility.

Just remembered the holder for the iPod is a 'ProClip'.
Ah, sorry....I was more interested in the mount on the dash.
I'm still not sure if I should go for that one; I quite like mine which goes near the ashtray as it's quite discrete; but also it's a bit too far down for GPS.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The position is great, but there is not much space between the gear knob and the iPod when in first and I have had to change how I hold/move the stick when the iPod is in place. This might be an issue if your satnav is thicker than the iPod in it's holder.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Honda100 said:
The position is great, but there is not much space between the gear knob and the iPod when in first and I have had to change how I hold/move the stick when the iPod is in place. This might be an issue if your satnav is thicker than the iPod in it's holder.
My Satnav is quite thin; where I have it there's not much space when the stick is in 2nd!

(http://www.brodit.com/images/633734-4.jpg)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts