2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

Great website. It is fascinating to see the difference between this site for a new / current car where they are all under warranty vs. the site for my wife's car (Ford Scorpio - passed over to her since I got a company car).

Over there it is all very technical as you don't get the "what options should I go for?" questions but you do get "how do I replace the steering rack?"

I have been thinking of replacing my Toyota Avensis (yawn!) for some time and had a test drive of the Civic 2.2 EX yesterday - b***dy brilliant!

I got a brochure last October - does anyone know if there is a newer one please?

I would be grateful for any comments on whether these options are worth having:

Panoramic roof
Leather interior
Parking sensors
8 CD changer

It will be a company car, so I can't later ask my boss for £1,000 for the after-market leather seats.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just ordered mine with Glass roof .. really liked it when I sat in a car with one. I like the idea of having it a bit lighter in the cabin.

Wouldn't bother with CD changer. Far too expensive. As basegreen says, make some MP3 cds. 10-15 should give you a nice selection.

I was going to get the reversing sensors until I heard about the reversing camera. A gadget that I had to order.

ste

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got a brochure last October - does anyone know if there is a newer one please?

Hi Dondon. Just to let you know that there is now an 07 brochure - in fact I have one right next to me. Details a few more extras for the Sport model so I guess there might be some on the EX...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Many thanks for your replies.

I don't understand how burning MP3 CDs will help:

a) I would still have to swap disks while driving - which is why I was thinking of getting the multi-changer anyway. Does anyone know if it is any good?

As a company car, so long as it comes within my allowance the cost doesn't matter. Due to the 2.2 diesel's low emmissions, the company car tax will be considerably less than I am currently paying on my 1.8 auto Avensis :D

b) I must be the last person on the planet who doesn't own an iPod! I would rather buy original CDs for the better (less- or un-compressed) sound quality.

PS Does anyone know the current lead-time for new orders please? Does it vary depending on the model / options?

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hello and welcome,
I was like you and didn't like to burn MP3 CD. So i ask my dealer for the multi CD Charger, he says it's too expensive for it worth and that i've to try the third party models... So I've learn how to burn MP3 CD and it's in fact far more practical than multi cd changer. Plus it shows song titles/artist on the lcd screen.

Parking Sensor are great too, and very practical.

Glass roof is the extra you must have, giving an great look at the car from the outside, plus extra light, plus rear passenger will be very happy to look at scenery (In fact they have the best place for the glass roof...).

Delivery time in France are about 2 to 3 month for usual spec (NHB color and so on) and up to six month for others (depending on wich type of car the dealer pre ordered)

Leather... I dont know, I like the normal seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my 2.2 EX on the 10th January with Panoramic roof and Leather as options and have been given a delivery date of w/e 18th March. :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Welcome aboard! :D

Panoramic roof - wasn't an option when I ordered :( But is very nice :)
Leather interior - ditto. I like the 'normal' seats, but they do attract all sorts of fluff etc, which leather won't do...
Parking sensors - upgrade to the camera! :D:D:D
8 CD changer - you can burn 8 CDs onto 1 with MP3... might loose a bit of quality, but hey, the sound system in the Civ isn't that good :wink:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No wonder people are suggesting burning MP3 CDs! :idea:

It hadn't occurred to me that you would get several 'standard' CDs onto one disk in MP3 format. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Obviously, the noise in virtually any car will be sufficient that the 'lost' quality going to MP3 won't be noticed.

Many thanks TTDegs.

PS Just put in the request at work - fingers crossed!

My boss is thinking of going Lease Purchase instead of his normal deal, and not including maintenance because of the Honda Warranty (just pay for the services).

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Good luck! I wish I could have had the glass roof when I ordered mine, will be a much better driving experience than that T****a!

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the CD changer accepts MP3/WMA discs?

Not that I'm planning on ordering one .. way too expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ex add ons

I have a Ex with leather & roof. Fantastic. Also had external camera added. That is a god send. I oftain have the seats folded back when load lugging and this limits the rear view. I was boxed in last night and getting out was easy as you can get within an inch of the car behind with ease.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
No wonder people are suggesting burning MP3 CDs! :idea:

It hadn't occurred to me that you would get several 'standard' CDs onto one disk in MP3 format. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Obviously, the noise in virtually any car will be sufficient that the 'lost' quality going to MP3 won't be noticed.

Many thanks TTDegs.

PS Just put in the request at work - fingers crossed!

My boss is thinking of going Lease Purchase instead of his normal deal, and not including maintenance because of the Honda Warranty (just pay for the services).
very welcome - and good luck! :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the CD changer accepts MP3/WMA discs?

Yes they all do as standard - great stuff as I'm new to this MP3 thing too!! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts