2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after having drove a 2006 2.2 on 20k for the last 4 or 5 month i had a replacement 07 1.8 with 4k on it while it was at the dealers. and what a difference i noticed

The first thing i noticed was the clutch was so much lighter in the 1.8, when i got back in the 2.2 it was like being at the gym working out my thighs.

And the clutch was a lot more useable in traffic in the 1.8. In the 2.2 if I bring up the clutch quickly the pull of it means you could be in the back of the car in front if you're not careful but no such problems in the 1.8.

But this may have been related to the other thing i noticed being that it felt so underpowered. It didnt feel as responsive as the 2.2 and where you feel the G's if you put your foot down in the 2.2 there was no such thing in the 1.8.

I stalled it (1.8 )quite a few times as well trying to manouver without any acceleration as i do in the 2.2, and in the 2.2 it can happily pull away in 2nd but not so in the 1.8

Some other random things were the blue light in the 1.8 seemed a lot brighter which means i might need a new one and the rain sesnors seemed to work better (maybe better in the 07 model?).
The handbrake in the 1.8 was also a lot harder with less travel.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
'parsnip' - Get thee behind me ...

thou foul "Fuel of Satan" user !!! ...

'Abjuro te' ...

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Excellent comparison and review. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I drove a CTR recently...and that felt slow as well compared to the 2.2
(Its all in the torques!)
Good review

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yes maybe all the way up to 6.3 (when I see the first two orange lights left of the speedo), if I'm in the mood :D

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
I drove a CTR recently...and that felt slow as well compared to the 2.2
(Its all in the torques!)
Good review
You think the CTR felt slow?? I drove the last gen CTR and it was fast as!!

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
You think the CTR felt slow?? I drove the last gen CTR and it was fast as!!
......and so is the new gen.
I've driven both and despite being heavier the FN2 does not feel any slower than the EP3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts