2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering those who have had the above issue, outside of Honda, how much were you charged for labour to replace the manifold? How many hours labour?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I had this issue, allthough mine was in 2 pieces according to the guy who repaired it. I had it re welded by a guy who Fahad (premier tuning) works with. He only charged me £150 and it was Fahad who put me in touch with him but did say it’s the last time he is doing one at that price as it’s a pig of a job :lol:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I had this issue, allthough mine was in 2 pieces according to t he guy who repaired it. I had it re welded by a guy who Fahad (premier tuning) works with. He only charged me £150 and it was Fahad who put me in touch with him but did say it’s the last time he is doing one at that price as it’s a pig of a job :lol:
Useful thread.

Honda UK have offered to supply the part as long as I pay the labour charge, from the dealership.

Should I take this option or get mine welded?

I’m now thinking more along the lines of taking them to court because I’ve been sucking fumes for a while now and had no idea it was because of their mistake. No warning light, 1000s of customers...

Or is the fault mine? Almost 10 years old, done 145K.

Had it 4 years now and bought it at 57K.

Not sure when it cracked...Fahad told me it was cracked last night when I went to see him regarding the turbo issue.

I’m quite annoyed.

——-

Update, so Honda are willing to supply the manifold kit but then will charge me £400+ labour to fit it, they said 4.2 hours.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Useful thread.

Honda UK have offered to supply the part as long as I pay the labour charge, from the dealership.

Should I take this option or get mine welded?

I’m now thinking more along the lines of taking them to court because I’ve been sucking fumes for a while now and had no idea it was because of their mistake. No warning light, 1000s of customers...

Or is the fault mine? Almost 10 years old, done 145K.

Had it 4 years now and bought it at 57K.

Not sure when it cracked...Fahad told me it was cracked last night when I went to see him regarding the turbo issue.

I’m quite annoyed.

——-

Update, so Honda are willing to supply the manifold kit but then will charge me £400+ labour to fit it, they said 4.2 hours.
That’s a lot of money to fit the manifold, I would give Fahad a ring and ask if he still does the rewelds. Mines held up now for nearly 2 years :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just had mine done free of charge by honda. 2006 2.2. 122000 private service history but not even asked about by honda. They had the car 2 days and washed and hovered it. Not a penny spent. Done at Bridgend honda

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Just had mine done free of charge by honda. 2006 2.2. 122000 private service history but not even asked about by honda. They had the car 2 days and washed and hovered it. Not a penny spent. Done at Bridgend honda
Wish I’d have tried harder when mine went, at that point mine was 10 years old and had 96k on the clock :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a 2006 2.2 diesel last week with £152k on the clock and had the inevitable diesel smell in the car, so probably is the manifold cracked. Spoke to Honda today who said take it into a main dealer and if it is cracked will put in a warranty claim. Will see what they have to say but will argue the toss if it is a manufacturing fault and will try to get this doen FOC.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
How noticeable is the diesel/fumes smell when a manifold is cracked?
Mine is only noticeable in the first 5 minutes when started from cold. I can even see a big puff of black smoke coming up the rear of the engine on start-up. But it's fine after that.

Been like that since I bought it 10 years/100k miles ago, and hasn't ever got noticeably worse. Can't be arsed to actually do anything about it!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
...Spoke to Honda today who said take it into a main dealer and if it is cracked will put in a warranty claim....
Honda will repair under warranty on a 12 year old car? That's amazing!

Is that a standard thing with them, or does this sound like a one-off special for a known manufacturing fault?

What else will they cover I wonder!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How noticeable is the diesel/fumes smell when a manifold is cracked?

I guess it depends how badly the manifold is cracked. I can smell the diesel when I open the car door even before it is started up, so guessing mine has probably been like this for a while and the previous owner hadn't noticed it. The exhaust sounds like it's blowing too which I would assume could be the manifold too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honda will repair under warranty on a 12 year old car? That's amazing!

Is that a standard thing with them, or does this sound like a one-off special for a known manufacturing fault?

What else will they cover I wonder!

That's what the guy on the phone from Honda UK said. Reading the forums it's a common problem and a design fault from Honda as the manifold was made in 2 sections and then welded together, hence them being prone to cracking.

I am sceptical about the warranty claim but will see what they say when I take it in tomorrow. As for any other parts....I very much doubt it!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts