2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya I have a 2.2 civic and I’m getting fumes entering the cabin. I’m pretty sure it’s the manifold as when you look under the bonnet and go near the air box you can smell it there.
Is there anyone who has had there’s done in the West Yorkshire area and how much did you pay?

thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
It’s a good chance it is the manifold. Mine was cracked along the welds. I sourced a used cast manifold for about £60 and paid a garage £360 labour to fit. It’s a fairly involved job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s a good chance it is the manifold. Mine was cracked along the welds. I sourced a used cast manifold for about £60 and paid a garage £360 labour to fit. It’s a fairly involved job.
Where abouts are you?
Been to my local mechanic and they’ve never done one so I would rather someone who’s done it before do it

·
Registered
621 Posts
Where abouts are you?
Been to my local mechanic and they’ve never done one so I would rather someone who’s done it before do it
Yes Jockland -I just Googled a Honda Indie local to me and gave them a phone. You might have to phone round a few places though as some garages don't want this type of work.

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,322 Posts
Hiya I have a 2.2 civic and I’m getting fumes entering the cabin. I’m pretty sure it’s the manifold as when you look under the bonnet and go near the air box you can smell it there.
Is there anyone who has had there’s done in the West Yorkshire area and how much did you pay?

thanks
Where abouts you in West Yorkshire?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts