2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting my 2.2 EX Auto Accord Diesel Tuned by the guys at Spider Diesel Tuner.

I have had my last few company cars done by the same people and the performance and economy has been well worth the investment.

However this is the first time i have had an Auto and Im not to sure the extra tourqe is going to be noticed as the Auto box seem to step in and spoil the fun!

Has anyone else had there Auto diesel tuned?

And has anyone else noticed even while driving in manual mode (hand book states gear lock) if travelling at say 50mph in 5th and i put my foot down the auto box overrides my command to stay in 5th and jumps down a gear!!!! Arrg all that tourqe and it stops me using it!

Any help - ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, as no response I decided to go ahead and get the Spider diesel system fitted to my car......... in all honesty its made my car much more fun to drive. The pull in 2nd and 3rd gear is fantastic.

I gave good chase to a civic type r who struggled to shrug me off!

I didnt bother to get it dyno tested as, well i can feel the difference and thats enough for me. With an added bonus, the mpg on my 130 mile trip into the office is out of the 39mpg upto 43-44. All in all money well spent and a system ive now transfered over 4 vehicles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few weeks have passed after fitting this device and problems have come out of the woodwork! I have spluttering and miss fire type jerking so adjusted the tuning device to avoid but now there's no power. Unfortunatly this is not the best type of tuning for this engine........ I have just had the car re-mapped by Celtic's tuning and i will be posting the results very shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts