2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

After have the lazy auto EX re-mapped I want to try and make it look that little bit better and thought an easy start would be the exhaust tip??

Looking at the rear bumper, the exhaust is behind and turned down the face the floor - not very sporty.

The bumper does have 2 cust outs where this bumper would be used on a 2.4 pertol model. These cut outs are held in with clips and i can easily remove the one in front of the exhaust tip.

Does anyone know if there is a tip that can slide straight over a down facing diesel exhaust without having to hack of the original tip?

A bit like one on a 2.2 TDCI mondeo???

Any ideas? I can take pictures if needs be but how the hell do you post them on??

Cheers jay

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Hi mate,

No idea what you mean really, deffo take pictures and you can attach them using the 'attachment' upload tool toward the bottom of the page when your in the 'advanced' post editor

P.s. try not to mention Fords on here, some people get a little twitchy! hahaha!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ash,

Will get a couple of pictures of my bumper and exhaust tomorrow, however I got a couple of snaps on the net which ive cropped down to show the bit I mentioned.

See I have the down facing exhaust - Idtec. The bit of plastic in the bumper removes by un-clipping it. I assume this is because they use the same bumper on a 2.4 Vtec with the twin straight exhausts?

I just need to find a slide over chrome tip that will keep the actual exhaust pointing down but give the impression its a straight out. I have seen some on the net but these look like there to drop the exhaust below the bumper... not what i want.

Dont really want to cut the tail off either though.

Attachments

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Ah i see!

No sorry, no idea,

Hmm, have you tried eBay?

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Guys,

After have the lazy auto EX re-mapped I want to try and make it look that little bit better and thought an easy start would be the exhaust tip??

Looking at the rear bumper, the exhaust is behind and turned down the face the floor - not very sporty.

The bumper does have 2 cust outs where this bumper would be used on a 2.4 pertol model. These cut outs are held in with clips and i can easily remove the one in front of the exhaust tip.

Does anyone know if there is a tip that can slide straight over a down facing diesel exhaust without having to hack of the original tip?

A bit like one on a 2.2 TDCI mondeo???

Any ideas? I can take pictures if needs be but how the hell do you post them on??

Cheers jay
First off can I just say I think you have a lovely motor there I always liked the new Accord. And you have had it remaped aswell I bet it really goes some now?

Not sure how much money you would be willing to spend and I am not sure on the routing of the exhaust system between the drev and the petrol but I have often thought what I would do if I owned this car and my thinking would go along these lines. Have you thought about trying to get the rear box system for the 2.4 and see if it would take the place of your rear bit of system then you would have the twin pipes aswell.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The way forward will be to cut off just a little that is down turned. This will give you enough pipe remaining to install a new garnish either screw job or welded.

When you then want to remove just be a down turned garnish to replace for that more oem look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The way forward will be to cut off just a little that is down turned. This will give you enough pipe remaining to install a new garnish either screw job or welded.

When you then want to remove just be a down turned garnish to replace for that more oem look.
Monks,

I did exactly that! I have been trying to get round to taking some pics and posting them on. Will do tomorrow after me washes it.

For those who also want to do this, I did the following:

1)Purchase a 62mm to 70mm diameter exhaust tip (honda exhaust 60mm)
Tip length of 145mm.

2)Remove plastic insert from bumper, very fidley indeed. You need to remove the 2x metal push clips (one each side of the trim) and a phillips head screw from the top of the trim. To get this out you will need a stubby/short phillips screwdriver as space is very limited.

3)Firmly press out the plastic trim.

4)use either a grinder or small hacksaw to cut of the down turn of the exhaust. I used a small hacksaw again due to space and i dont own a grinder. With a new blade and a bit of elbow grease this will cut of in a couple of mins of sawing.

NOTE . . . Leave atleast 10 - 15mm of the original exhaust pipe from the rear silencer or you will have nothing to clamp to! I know it sounds silly to point this out but better safe than sorry!

5)Mate up new trim to ensure a good fit before securing. I found at this point that for some reason the accord rear silencer point of to an angle towards the right hand side of the car?

6)I chose not to use the screw that came with the clamp as it looked somewhat..... well rubbish. I had the father in law hold the tip in position (point straight rather than to an angle) and i wizzed a 6mm drill bit through both trim and exhaust pipe and through the other side.

7)I used allen key headed bolts to put through the exhaust from inside out, the trim is too small to get your hand in so is helped being able to use an allen key to place the bolts. Then I place nylock nuts on the out side to clamp it up firm!

8)Jobs a gud en!

As stated I will get some pics up for those who want to see. It does give the car that little extra shine bit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As promised, pictures of the exhaust tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Much better now get some 19's on her ;-)
Ive been looking for some cheap Rage wheels but there a bit like rocking horse ****.

I had seen some nice wheels but not sure if the centre caps will fit as id like the wheels to still have the honda detail on them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good mate! Have you got any other mods lined up?

I really do like the looks of the new Accords and I bet with your remap it's pretty nippy.
Just some new wheels at the moment. The Celtic map is pretty good! I had been in 2 minds over this car and the type s version but with all my london driving the EX Auto made sense.

Plus not sure if its me but does the body kit on the type s look like an after thought from Honda and it just looks a little stuck on and not quite part of the car???

I may get a honda spoiler for the boot lid and i think that will be about it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I get what your saying about the Type S and styling. I guess the different gearing, uprated IC and better brakes would have to be worth it for it to make sense. Which of course lends itself to even better gains from a remap.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I get what your saying about the Type S and styling. I guess the different gearing, uprated IC and better brakes would have to be worth it for it to make sense. Which of course lends itself to even better gains from a remap.
Looking at the Celtic map, the 180PS engine can only output 4bhp more than the 150PS tuned version. Maybe with a intercooler change on mine I may also get the same 225 power, but I can live without the extra 4bhp. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts