2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some sort of induction kit/after market filter for my standard 2.2
I have tried reading relics testing but it all got a bit to much for me ,I know nothing about diesel tunning so need an idiots guild if poss.
I have read that some filters increase the turbo noise which is good cos thats what i want , but i dont want to restrict airflow

could anybody tell me which is best ,any help would be great:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Don't know of any aftermarket induction kits.

Read on here the best air filter is the standard one...

:(

Although I would be interested too...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you wanting the induction kit for noise or to make a power gain? I think the reason there are little to no kits available for the diesel is that induction kits generally make very little difference to power output, but sound nice on a high revving petrol. On a Diesel I would not be so sure how good it would sound :p

Diesels have vast amounts of free air most of the time (unlike petrols they don't use all their in-cylinder air during combustion) so even if an induction kit did give you more airflow, you wouldn't cause any more Diesel to be injected. You would need a remap or tuning box in order to achieve this.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mostly noise but dont wanna lose power I know relic is using a custom made kit which is very good but i wanted to know if there are any off the shelf options

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
hello mate long story short from relics data everything else loses power the standard set up is best. you can improve standard by running a cold air feed to it. any cold feed will work and you can cut a hole in a fog lamp blank you dont need mugen garnishes

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but using a standard honda filter wont get the induction noise or a louder turbo noise,hmmm will follow your advice and keep it as it is ,thanks for the dissapointing news:) least its saved me money lol lol
will have to keep my fingers crossed one is made soon lol

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cant afford one lol

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Simply removing the centre box and replacing with steel piping would help with a small note change :p

Failing that you're into swapping backboxes and tail pipes!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol its an idea but I think the wife would notice,where as a subtle induction noise could be passed off lol

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Diesel's sounds ***** with an induction kit, trust me I hear them day in day out and I'm yet to hear a good one. Stick to the OEM Honda filter for best power and economy and just have the car tuned. If you want better sound, have some quality exhaust work done... or buy a Type R ;)

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Diesel's sounds ***** with an induction kit, trust me I hear them day in day out and I'm yet to hear a good one. Stick to the OEM Honda filter for best power and economy and just have the car tuned. If you want better sound, have some quality exhaust work done... or buy a Type R ;)
cant have it tunned til i can afford a new clutch ,its not slipping but been well warned off it:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
For £30 try the panel filter.

The reductions in performance are minimal and it should give you the sound you want. We have to bare in mind relic wanted uppermost brilliance for everything but a small drop in air intake on a standard car wont be noticeable IMO

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.