2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2.2 Martelius Exhaust!

Exhaust 
15K views 156 replies 22 participants last post by  sixphredd 
#1 · (Edited)
Afternoon everyone!

After some head scratching and a Bacon & Egg sandwich my CTR Martelius exhaust went on the 2.2 civ !

A few rusted bolts and alot of swearing and wiggling of mild steel piping and it fits pretty much perfectly :D

-

To start with 3 out of 9 bolts were well and truly 'rusted on', plenty of duck oil and a now sore back and they came off !

There was an original worry that the first curve after the CAT was going to sit on the chassis (and obviously chatter and bang), some more swearing I decided to ignore it for now and just chucked the rest on...

The first hanger sat a little too far toward the R-H side so gave it a little persuasion back into a perfect place

Once the rest of the piping & backbox was on it tucked the front down a bit and twisted the cat to a better position so I was MUCH happier now it wasn't catching :D
All the bolt holes were perfect!

The tailpipe has a hanging bracket which was 'persuaded' into a good position so the tailpipe sits in the centre of the trim

-

Tightened everything up and fired her up!

First thoughts (still on ramp about 6ft high, idle & revs no boost) it's not as loud as I'd expected! (which was good as i half expected a tractor sounding civ...)
Idle has a slightly deeper burble, not noisy!! just a HINT that it's not standard haha

First short drive (garage car park, no boost) setting off (1k - 1.5k rpm) same slightly deeper note and idle just sped up haha, hope im making sense :p
2k rpm just teasing the turbo and it starts to sound a bit meatier

I was happy nothing was blowing, time to make sure she wasn't over-boosting!

Full use of RPM in gears 1,2,3 & 4, VERY meaty, not TOO loud at all though!
*At this point I got a weird look of another civ owner coming to some lights haha*
Once you hit boost the sound becomes much more prominent, very deep toned.
Over speed bumps etc on the way home it didn't bang or chatter on anything so fitment is good!

Turbo seems SLIGHTLY louder, spool up time seems quick (was never slow though...) BONUS: NO OVER-BOOSTING!!!

Just comparing two short runs:
Peak PSI Before: 22.2
Peak PSI After: 22.2 !

I most certainly cannot complain at this :D
I'll have to take do a proper run & data log later on for more accurate results

Few pics below
Any questions ask away!

I'll try and do a video at some point too :rolleyes:

EDIT: LINK TO VIDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/Eppo65?feature=watch
Sorry about the poor quality!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great news! Looking good for other 2.2 owners

#3 ·
Certainly is mate :)

#5 ·
Yes :p

So far it seems a winner!
Obviously a well flowing system compared to OEM, is yet to create any adverse effects, and sounds mega !!

I would recommend to anyone who's after a nice toned 2.2 ;)

#10 ·
I'll try and do a soundclip, in car; as i dont know anyone willing to stand in the cold whilst i drive around :p haha

#14 ·
i've taken a few vid's; not very good ones im afraid !

What's the best way to get them up here ?? haha

#17 ·
Here's a few links :)

Eppo65's Channel - YouTube

The sound quality is naff, sorry about that, it really doesn't do it the full justice and I was struggling to capture the whole rev range :(

But I hope it gives an idea and I'll try and do some more vids!

#21 ·
Just been to Tesco, big daft grin on my face all the way there and back ...

Sounds so much better than OEM, yet sounds almost stock when driving 'normally', give it some beans and the sound doesn't half come out of its shell!!

:rolleyes:

#26 ·
I got it for £460 second-hand (only 600 miles)
It's £500 new, there's a thread in the Commercial Traders by Martelius :)

It's single back-box (quite a short one as you can see in the pics!)
Single exit and 2.5" bore all the way cat-back !
Easy enough to fit aswell :)

I personally wouldn't decat, i think thats holding the noise back from being 'daft', if you want raw noise then you'd have to lose the cat but you risk overboost, bad emissions for MOT and it could be TOO loud :p

i say 'risk overboost' because we wouldn't know until it's tried and data logged :p

#28 ·
Sounds really really nice.. Missus asked if I was watching a vid with a scooby! :D

Defo on wish list... See how things pan out this year :)

#29 ·
It does have that low down burble of a boxer!
Not as loud, our scoobs shake the house (and everything inside!) but this is really reserved when idle or soft throttle :)

Certainly recommend it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.