2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.2 clutch issue continues: Stage 2 remap 300lbs of torque.

First and reverse won't engage when engine is on. But fly into gear when off. Clutch has always been heavy but this is ridiculous now.

It currently has a twin plate on a SMF fitted by TDI-North. This was replaced like for like (along with the bearing) 18 months ago because it fully went.

Issues with the master cylinder 2 months ago so had a new one.

The only thing I've never changed in it is the slave so I'm doing that next but I dont expect this to solve my problems. Finding one is a nightmare

Any advice would be great. If not could someone recommend anywhere to diagnose my issue in Somerset/Bristol.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
2.2 clutch issue continues: Stage 2 remap 300lbs of torque.

First and reverse won't engage when engine is on. But fly into gear when off. Clutch has always been heavy but this is ridiculous now.

It currently has a twin plate on a SMF fitted by TDI-North. This was replaced like for like (along with the bearing) 18 months ago because it fully went.

Issues with the master cylinder 2 months ago so had a new one.

The only thing I've never changed in it is the slave so I'm doing that next but I dont expect this to solve my problems. Finding one is a nightmare

Any advice would be great. If not could someone recommend anywhere to diagnose my issue in Somerset/Bristol.
Does it have the damper bypass hose fitted?

New slave can be bought from a motor factor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never actually checked tbh so I'll look tomorrow

You thinking it could be a faulty hose if there?

If not there should I Bypass it?

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So this fixed the issue with my clutch thanks for the advice

Although warning to anyone who attempts this. Getting the rusted pipes off the clutch damper took me 2 solid days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts