2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I just noticed, but maybe it was there before, weird spooling down noise after revving, and same noise when accelerating betwen 1-1.5k, after that is normal, performance is not affected.

Is everything okay here? Do you guys hear it in your Diesels?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hmm, possibly a few things.
  • Exhaust has a slight blockage somewhere within.
  • Exhaust is not properly secured.
  • Engine mounds are not properly secured.
Seems the car doesnt vibrate or anything when revving so the only other key thing which can cause a change in engine note is the exhaust. sounds raspy

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you're changing the air filter, only buy OEM Honda ones. Or they make whooshing noises from the turbo.

The sound you have is some kind of exhaust problem, you're from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I'm pretty sure all of the EU models apart from the UK were fitted with DPF's.

So you may in fact have a DPF blockage.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It does have DPF and lately I have been driving in the city mainly, so maybe I just didn't have a chance to regen it. Should I just remove it?
Take it for a good blast if you've not had issues before with it and see if it clears. You want a nice long journey without stopping and starting the engine. When I ain't doing high mileage, I detour and take faster paced roads where I can, diesels aren't a fan of city driving.

You could also take it to a mechanic to do a forced regen.

There's no point in removing the DPF until it becomes a real issue. Then you have the issue of emissions if you have a annual inspection in your country it could fail due to a missing DPF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts