2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most non genuine air filters ie the cheaper ebay ones when fitted make a very deep noise like the car has a exhaust blow somewhere,, an easy fix is to remove filter element and cut out a rubber gasket from a old innertube or even thick cardboard will work,,,, and place this on where the filter seals on the lower part of the air box, ie the bit thats bolted to the car,,, reason for this is to ensure it could never get sucked in to the inlet if it was on the engine side of filter element... done this to mine can hardly tell its a diesel now,,, no vibrating air box

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Hi

Could you explain this in a little detail ? Rubber gasket from inner tube ? And place it where on the lower part ?

Sorry I'm a noob little new to my civic

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
you do know that performance wise its best to keep the stock airbox exactly as it left the factory? Many people on here have tried various alternatives and logged the results to find oem is the best for cold feed to the engine.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
you do know that performance wise its best to keep the stock airbox exactly as it left the factory? Many people on here have tried various alternatives and logged the results to find oem is the best for cold feed to the engine.
Exactly. Relic did some extensive testing with air intakes, and the best option was the Honda OEM one as it allowed the greatest airflow.
To improve it, you can smooth out the airbox and implement a ram-air feed.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I thought smoothing made the airflow less smooth flowing into the intake? The fins guide as much air as possible in the right direction rather than taking in more air and it not travelling past the box in the right manner?

sent from the shire

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Thanks for this shall give it a read later

sent from the shire

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found your post sorry bud... i made a gasket up that went between the filter element and the bottom part of air cleaner,,, so your air box is made of 2 pieces a top and bottom, which sandwich the air filter element between them and are held together with those metal clips.. trouble is after market air filter elements are a little smaller than honda genuine ones so when car is running they vibrate very loudly... so to stop this plastic on plastic vibration i cut a gasket our of a old innertude ie rubber gasket to the shape of the bottom part of airbox... you could use some thick card or anything soft to stop the vibration... between the air box 2 parts and the air cleaner element

1 - 9 of 9 Posts