2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post. Just collected my CRV 07 ex

I noticed the temp gauge sites below the middle of the gauge. Can anyone confirm if this is the norm, Really looking to hear from the guys that's getting good fuel consumption.

coming from a BMW 330d there is a issue with the thermostats that cause lower fuel consumption. Temp staying at 80 instead of the correct 90.

I'm thinking I could gain a few mpg?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Funny you say this as I've been wondering the same on my 2.2CDTi CR-V (2007). My coolant also seems to take an age to warm up and sits just to the left of the half way mark on the dash readout. I'm getting an average of about 36.5mpg.

Also familiar with what you refer to on the BMW's - my 120d dropped to 42mpg instead of it's usual 54 with coolant running at 75 degrees instead of 90. I replaced the thermostats on it just this last weekend and now running nice and toasty again with MPG back.

Let us know how you get on when you plug it in?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
MPG sounds about right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my 2007 2.2CDTi CR-V the temperature readout sits just to the left of centre, slow to come up temperature, the onboard computer thingy says im getting around 42 / 43 mpg, also pings / pinks a bit around 2000 revs

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's impressively high - what sort of driving is that? Motorway? I've never had mine above 40.

Edit: just seen you're in St Austell, not too many motorways down there!

Bought it in Southampton, on the drive down on motorway it was showing 45/46 using Bp Ultimate which the previous owner recommended, did later try it on supermarket diesol which made the engine rattle and pink terrible with lower mpg, Texaco diesol was slightly better but still noisy, but it seems to like BP Ultimate the best, quiet and smooth, with like I said earlier slight pinking around 2000 rpm.

Maybe I should add that mine is the new shape model as to whether that makes any difference to mpg I dunno....

Its ok seeing those fuel stats on the computer, but how accurate are they ! I can't be bothered to check milage against fuel used from full tank to empty, won't make it use any less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just picked mine up. Reset everything. Engine was already hot and drove 200 miles motor way doing my best to see what possible mpg was achievable sticking to 60/70mph ( not how I always drive, just like to see what's poss)

Anyways I averaged 38.5mpg which I am not complaining about. Just thought I would hit the mid 40's seeing as I was taking it so easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its ok seeing those fuel stats on the computer, but how accurate are they ! I can't be bothered to check milage against fuel used from full tank to empty, won't make it use any less.
Yeah I agree, my remapped 330d was out by about 4mpg. I'll check the crv using the brim to brim method.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got an i-DTEC EX Automatic bought from new and now done over 3,000 miles.

I've never reset the secondary trip computer and it says I've got an average 40.7 mpg from new. A brim to brim set of measurements over the same period says I've been getting 39.9mpg, a difference of 0.8 mpg so the trip computer is pretty accurate really. I use an Android app called Mileage to keep track of fuel purchases and it produces all manner of stats if you want them.

My best fuel consumption on one fill-up was 45.1 mpg on a a long trip that was half motorway and half 'A' roads.

So overall I'm getting 40mpg from a diesel automatic; can't complain really as it's better than the official consumption figure.

Incidentally, maybe it's just my imagination, but I started filling up with Shell diesel a while back instead of supermarket fuel and the car does seem to run better on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.