2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discovered the passenger side rear electric window isn't working on my 2.2cdti with either the switch on the drivers armrest or the passenger rear switch

Any ideas what it could be or where to start

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Start with the window reset:
Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

If that still doesn't work i'd hazard a guess the motors kicked it, If all other windows work and neither control will move the window.

You can also remove the door trim and then the switch module (both drivers and the non-working one) and check the switches are both powered; with a multimeter probe. (the switch module box comes apart to the pcb.)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to switch the switches around just to power the window that won't go down just to allow me to fit wind deflectors ?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Depends if the motors knackered or it's a switch issue.

You could remove both rear door switches and see if the the connectors fit, i've not compared the two connectors to be honest; so im not so sure.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Sorry no; i mean remove both rear door trims and remove the switch housings and see if the connector from the other side fits the wiring on your "broken" side.

I couldn't tell you if the connectors fit or not but it may be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers mate that makes sense but as it works from neither front drivers switch or rear passenger switch I'm assuming your right with the motor being goosed

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I would have thought so from what you've said mate.

If it's the TeamHeko deflectors you can get those in without the window being down if you're careful im sure, wont be ideal and a bit tight, but should go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts