2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone got a 2.2 near us fancy popping in so we can have a look over the car to evaluate the complexity of making a chargecooler kit for the car.

Drop me an email direct at [email protected]

Paul

Update:

These are a few pictures we have taken of the charge cooler setup all mocked up in position.

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

It's being installed and tested next week.

Note: no modification to bumper or bodywork necessary with this setup. :cool:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Just used google maps and you are 3 hours from me. How long would you need the car until the finished product - and of course what price are we talking for the kit/install?! all pie in the sky until you have it i suppose!

Thanks Chip

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realise last night when you mentioned it the lads had already looked at a car this week and thought it could be done but didn't spend much time on it.
I would need a car in initially to have a good look at the space and layout then we can go from there.

To start with an hour or 2 then to actually install it would be a full day or possibly 2.
Timescales if its do-able we would only be looking a couple of weeks as we have the cores and materials in already. :)

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
I work in Padgate, if you can get me to work after dropping car with you its fine to have mine.

Just dont laugh at how crap it is

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If we can get a car just to look at and poke around with for a couple of hours we think we can sort a kit in a day. Initial inspection is just to make sure we have materials necessary.

Lou said something about the diesel intercoolers actually being smaller than our charge cooler cores and more like oil coolers. ???

Has it been proven its a bottleneck?

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Well mine is available.

I work on Green Lane just off Manchester Road so as long as someone can get me there its fine to have mine for the day

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys if you have a look at my how to for installing the fmic you will see quite a bit of whats behind the bumper. theres dimensions kicking about and relic did some great 3d drawings as well
Can you pm me the links.
I'm scared to go out of the Type-R section. :( :lol:

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Very interested guys, You got a ball park figure for the kit? Just a rough guess at the price you would retail it at if possible. Please please please!
The car is going in tomorrow so they will probably have a better idea if its possible by tomorrow evening ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very interested guys, You got a ball park figure for the kit? Just a rough guess at the price you would retail it at if possible. Please please please!
Looking at kit alone IF we can do it and get enough interest to enable us to get bulk discount on the parts we will be looking at about £600-650 for the kit.
Then fitting. If we can do this really simply like the ones on the Type-Rs we might be able to supply then for people to DIY fit but you probably would need access to a ramp.

Will have a better idea after tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the loan of the car Ben. ;)

Well. Looks a go-err. :)
We can mount the charger cooler where the current intercooler sits and pretty much hook up with existing boost pipes.
We can also use the same cooler radiator as on the FN2 so that's good.

We can also look at a replacement hard pipe kit it people are interested.

Other goo news is we will also be able to offer remapping as required with these kits.
We are looking at a "Generic" 180bhp map and a custom one which should make it a lot easier on the clutch.

Next step is get a few more bits together and Christmas out the way then get Ben back in for a couple of days and fit a test kit.

Paul

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ballpark still around £600-650 for the full kit I recon. Fitting we can easily do in a day or I can sort out a good set of DIY instructions for those handy with a few tools.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts