2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some more mods since last posted pics, now sat on Eibachs and Koni FSDs, sport grill, rally style mudflaps and laminated the fogs as the protectors kept falling off as one of the lenses has a slight curve.
I also laminated the indicator lenses what do you think?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Love the H on the fuel flap and the hornet/bee at the rear. Not keen on the yellow on the calipers and wheels though. That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the yellow inspiration came from the silver Porsche 911 that was in the forecourt when i bought the civic. it had yellow calipers and looked cool, well I thought so;).

the Hornet is because my 4 year old has a stinger BMX with hornets on and he wanted my ride to look like his. It also has some relation to the Jordan and I it was one of my all time favorite motors so thought why not

·
Alabaster FTW
1,610 Posts
Very nice mate! Just needs some 15mm spacers to fill those arches even better.

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
mighr=t look into this, will it effect the FRS set up i have?
It shouldn't do, effectively all your doing with spacers is changing the offset of the wheels. FRS is about making sure the suspension geometry is correct which you then attach the wheels to. Their angle is determined by way of the hubs they're attached to.

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, inter cranial transmission device

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
£90 from Cox Honda. I believe they ran out of stock recently. Just pm dan at cox on this forum.
Fitting is just bumper off and unclipped old grill. Some have achieved this without removing the bumper but its easy to break the clips.

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Civic went into Grinspeed yesterday. Yellow HEL brake lines, ATE racing fluid, Honda transmission fluid and sorted an annoying knocking out. Breaking has huge improvement, gear changes feel smoother. The car feels awesome holds the road brilliantly with this set up, loving it.

Need a map now. got a little project going on with a Ti splitter and will be well happy.

Today-

hoovered, freshened.
washed with fairy
AG tar remover
meguires clay
IPA
AGSRP
AGEGP
AGHD wax
wonder wheels.
3M trim restorer
Vanilla magic tree

looks the nuts

·
DERVhead
201 Posts
Civic went into Grinspeed yesterday. Yellow HEL brake lines, ATE racing fluid, Honda transmission fluid and sorted an annoying knocking out. Breaking has huge improvement, gear changes feel smoother. The car feels awesome holds the road brilliantly with this set up, loving it.

Need a map now. got a little project going on with a Ti splitter and will be well happy.

Today-

hoovered, freshened.
washed with fairy
AG tar remover
meguires clay
IPA
AGSRP
AGEGP
AGHD wax
wonder wheels.
3M trim restorer
Vanilla magic tree

looks the nuts
Sounds like a big detail mate :) need some pics!

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will try and do some tomorrow. might wait until the splitters on tho.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
What's the project with the ti splitter mate, I'm curious to know! Oh, and where did u get it?

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it from judderman. It wasn't in great condition.
It had been primed over the original paint than plasticare but was full of stone chips revealing the white paint. Also the plastic fins across the top had snapped.
So I am taking back to the plastic. Plasticare and paint a section silver. I have got some mesh to put on were the fins snapped. This is the cheap option before I colour code the trim the splitter will then be painted the opposite way. But if it looks good I might not colour code cos I like the silver and black.
It will be a unique splitter anyhow.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Sounds good mate, can't wait to see the pics

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts

Today-

hoovered, freshened.
washed with fairy
AG tar remover
meguires clay
IPA
AGSRP

AGEGP
AGHD wax
wonder wheels.
3M trim restorer
Vanilla magic tree

looks the nuts
You IPA after polishing to remove polish oils so the wax bonds better and no residue is left not before.

But if you use IPA after AGSRP youll remove the fillers and be back to square one so you can pretty much remove that stage (except windows etc) but you need to wash again after claying [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was advised not to ipa after AGSRP. it worked any how.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts