2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst I'm more than happy with my 2.2 :D

As per Pottsy's excellant review, the R only has 2 seat belts in the back?

anyone got any idea why?

The need for a 5th seat was what had me crossing a shed load of cars off my list last time round.

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
In the ST you have the option of 2+2 or 2+ rear bench. I don't see the point really either, perhaps shed some of the family image?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just seems a bit daft to me LOL

If I had been set on getting an R, this would have crossed it off - for the sake of a seatbelt...

I guess you could 'just' install the rear seats from a normal Civ - but that kinda negates the whole point really :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I guess (like everyone else has said) its to give a sportier image, the seats may also give more support for the two in the back rather than a bench for when the driver decides to make the most of country lanes with passengers in the car! (But I'm saying this with looking at the photos and not actually sitting in the car...)

If insurance wasn't so much this would be my civic of choice!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
R rear seats:
rear seats 5 door.jpg

seats in the R might be fractionally wider, but don't seem to be any more sculpted :(

hey - at the end of the day, makes no difference to me :D

But it's got to cost Honda at least 1 sale - and I would have thought, many sales :( *

Seems a bit bizzare not to even offer it as an option - but I guess they might do that :)

* I can't be the only parent of 3 who would like to reclaim the youth that I couldn't afford when I was young :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It knocked it off our list, we've got 3 kids. We've already got a Mini which is 2+2. Couldn't have another four seater car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts