2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would do a brief review as I have had the car for 2 weeks.

Engine/Performance

I have done 600 miles now and its running in nicely. Performance is impressive and I can now feel the vtec kick. I like how smooth the engine is. Best thing is the noise that it creates....awesome

Interior Quality

I find the build quality overall to be ok, nothing amazing. Some of the plastics are cheap and scratch way to easily. The interior is solidly put together though. The seats are very supportive and feel well made. I have a rattle coming from the passenger door tweeter as its very loose but nothing major and will be sorted by dealer. I also have a rattle from the boot but I think this is the passenger side compartment cover in the boot. Overall the quality is ok but was expecting a bit more but from looking at over rivals in the sector is seems pretty much the same.

Exterior Quality

Love the look of the car, one of the main reasons I bought it. Pannel alignment seems to be an issue in some areas. The wheel arches seem a bit loose and the boot is not aligned properly but comparing it with other civics it seems to be a very common issue. Again this can be sorted by the dealer.

Overall

I am very impressed with the car, love the looks and performance. There are a few niggly issues but most new cars I have had have had issues and will be sorted by dealer. As build quality is a major issue on this forum, I dont think IMO thats its any worse than the main rivals such as the focus and may be better. I look forward to many more miles and getting the engine nicely run in.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Straight, Nice and Fair, congratulation

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The engine only gets better.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Excellent Review - Well done :D