2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporter
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my car up after its M.O.T and service. Passed no issues, two years in a row now. It may not be the most fantastic news ever however its the first car I've ever had thats never missed a beat. I had to stump up £50 for a new battery however it is replacing the original which was down to 35% charge so cant grumble.
It flagged up an advisory for undertray obscuring parts which I think is absolutely ridiculous and object partially obscuring drivers view which turned out was bird crap on the windscreen.
Overall am chuffed, just wanted to share the joy. I love my car :D

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Great stuff, that's what we are all after.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,860 Posts
2 years of happy motoring
...yes, me too. But unfortunately I've owned my car for 5 years.

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Apart from 2 drop links when I bought the car I'm nearly hitting the 3 year mark :D straight through MOT and service too

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
It flagged up an advisory for undertray obscuring parts which I think is absolutely ridiculous and object partially obscuring drivers view which turned out was bird crap on the windscreen.

An advisory to do what? Remove it? Sounds like a bit of a jobsworth tester you've got there!

·
Supporter
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

An advisory to do what? Remove it? Sounds like a bit of a jobsworth tester you've got there!
An advisory basically covering themselves as certain parts cant be seen, apparently its standard practice now. Same with child car seats all well apparently, if they remove them to test seatbelts and refit it incorrectly they can be sued

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
Ahh yes I got an advisory "unable to test seat belt due to child seat fitted". Now then cynics will say "if I've got a dodgy seat belt stick in a child seat and it will pass" . No likely that!

·
Supporter
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh yes I got an advisory "unable to test seat belt due to child seat fitted". Now then cynics will say "if I've got a dodgy seat belt stick in a child seat and it will pass" . No likely that!
Strange isn't it, bringing out all these new laws yet advising on daft, common sense things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts