2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
My 56 plate 2.2 is now on 170000 miles. Replaced clutch in September. Still drives well and feels strong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When does vtec turn on. Is 0.5l normal for R18a2 machine or not?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
I don't have enough knowledge to answer your question. What I can tell you is that mine is at 145.000 km with a K&N induction kit. Between oil changes (every 10.000 km) I add maybe a 1L. But I drive it rather quick. I've realized the oil level drops mostly during the hot summer months. I usually check the oil level every 2 weeks, so I just keep adding while needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2.2 CDTI Civic has just ticked over 215,000 miles and I can honestly say it's been the most reliable car I've ever had! :grin2:

I've owned it since around 100,000 miles and use it every day. I work closer to home now, so gone are the days of 20,000 miles per year, but it just keeps going!

It's still on the original turbo, injectors, dampers, suspension bushes, air con pump, wheel bearings....by 220,000 miles my previous 2002 Golf 150PD had needed all of those replacing.

In my ownership, other than the expected consumables and service items, it's needed:

• A replacement clutch (but still on original DMF)
  • A boot leak fixing (it was the common crack at the back of the roof gutters)
  • A flash of the ECU to clear a stuttering fault
  • Front drop links and ARB bushes
  • An ABS sensor
  • The DIY fix for the folding mirrors
That's it!

I get the occasional "P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open" error every 3-6 months, but just clear it with a bluetooth OBD2 reader.

In terms of servicing, it's always been to Honda to get the book stamped (for £20/month for servicing with a courtesy car and free fuel why not) but for other niggles and annoyances and things like ARB bushes, pads & discs, I fix those myself and this forum is a great resource.

In the summer on a long motorway run I can see 54-58 MPG. In the winter on short runs it's more like 42-45 MPG. (Compare that to my Dad's 2017 1.0-litre Petrol Civic, he see's MPG in the 30's on a mixed run!) The 2.2 diesel torque is great for towing.

Anyone with higher miles care to let me know what I might expect as we approach 250,000 miles? :grin2:

The flash on the ECU to clear the stuttering fault.
Was yours stuttering just under 2000rpm if your kinda holding speed. Mine does.
Wonder if this would sort mine

·
Registered
47 Posts
my 2007 2.2 cdti is on 177,000 miles, i dont think it will last till 200,,000 Whats been a fantastic reliable car for 13 years , now is developing little niggling faults

Rear Passenger side Seat belt gets wet
Moisture in rear passenger side light cluster and rear middle cluster.
this one just occured in last few days where the wing mirrors dont seem to unfold fully when unlocking the car. (used the bog mod)

MOT sailed thru, advisory on ball joints which i later got the garage to replace both sides.

·
Registered
268 Posts
how many KMS have you got today?

I got also 1.8L with 276.000kms, hope to get at least 350.000 kms

Só far no issues.
reached 316Kkm today

Reactions: Farqui

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oil burning is common in these engines, mine burns the same amount it did when new (at 260.000kms now) some have noticed less oil consumption with different viscosities, I wouldn't know which one to try, and have been using original oil and parts since the beginning. Hondas are very picky about parts and fluids, if you want it to perform like new or last!

The alternator did go soon (230.000kms) but a friend mechanic from Honda told me it died because of the polie and wheel below, if it had been changed sooner, still would be on the original one...

Same goes for the ac compressor, luckily this friend noticed it soon.

So my formula is go to the oldest and best Honda dealer once a year for a complete check up and do regular maintenance at my towns honest cheaper mechanic. Although no one looks after my car like me, that I have noticed with screws broken and plastic misfits after maintenances, even at Honda...

Little care for detail these fast days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oil burning is common in these engines, mine burns the same amount it did when new (at 260.000kms now) some have noticed less oil consumption with different viscosities, I wouldn't know which one to try, and have been using original oil and parts since the beginning. Hondas are very picky about parts and fluids, if you want it to perform like new or last!

The alternator did go soon (230.000kms) but a friend mechanic from Honda told me it died because of the polie and wheel below, if it had been changed sooner, still would be on the original one...

So my formula is go to the oldest and best Honda dealer once a year for a complete check up and do regular maintenance at my towns honest cheaper mechanic. Although no one looks after my car like me, that I have noticed with screws broken and plastic misfits after maintenances, even at Honda...

Olá Miguel.

Mine is a 276,000kms, i'm the second owner of my 1.8 Sport.

Still on the stock clutch, stock alternator and stock ac compressor.

My cat is bellow threswhold (p0420) but i'm going to install a defouler soon.

Hopefully get this bad boy up to 400.000kms

·
Registered
22 Posts

I use 5w30 oil, usually between 15-20k it burns 1L of oil.. more if you hit VTEC :p

61 - 70 of 70 Posts