2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one as going to have my new, new system planned tomorrow and looking at the 200 cell metal cat welded to the end of the manifold - how friendly is the MOT tester going to be? My 400 in the B pipe passed, it was just the rest of the system that was a disaster...

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Have heard a 200 on the manifold will pass because it get the heat to work effectively. But no one that I can see has confirmed this. Tdi always talk 400 cell, I suppose what advantage is there over 200 v’s 400. I think musgroove has a 400;and didn’t loose much power.

Not but help, sorry. But only what I’ve looked into and contemplating myself.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I have a 200 but only because I have friendly testers, if it was a concern I'd 100% stick with 400 minimum. Won't make a HUGE difference in bhp "losses" to be honest.

Reactions: stimcity

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 200 but only because I have friendly testers, if it was a concern I'd 100% stick with 400 minimum. Won't make a HUGE difference in bhp "losses" to be honest.
How far out are the figures? I know Bones and I were both looking at systems with 200s built in previously.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a teg 400 cel under the drivers seat now, it's wrecked the tone of the exhaust and feels like it's fighting the manifold vs the rest of the system, plus obviously louder as it's replaced the silencer. I'll get there in the end but I figure I'm going to have raise the car from 20mm down to 10mm and try at the end of the manifold with a silencer in line. It's settling a bit but power is discernibly down from being decatted, although map hasn't been updated yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts