2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Whilst driving my glow plug and Engine management light came on and stayed on. The local garage could not read the error code but cancelled and said to try that as it may be a hitch and it stayed off for a couple of weeks but today returned. The Green Flag guy that I called out got a fault code of P1551 but didnt know what it meant but cancelled the error with the same instructions.See what happens.Well on the way home on it came and has stayed on. This fault always seems to show up in damp/wet weather. Anyone know what it is???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Solved It. P1551 code

Visited another local garage on a recommend from my daughters partner and luckily had been sent to one of the genuine guys. He used his Snapon Reader.Confirmed the P1551 code which he informed me meant brake light switch. However the switch is working fine and also tested out as ok on the Snapon.

Sent me on my way with a come back if it happens again and we can have a look at it for you. NO CHARGE.

For anyone that lives in my part of the woods (Plymouth) the company is SLC and they are in Strode Business Park just across the main road from Chaplins.`Thought that they deserved a mention for their positive attitute unlike the dealers who wanted £90 just to diagnose then probably would have fitted a switch as a matter of course..

Have taken out the switch and checked the connections but no sign of a problem with them so sprayed a little silicon on the plastic piston and stuck it all back together. Lets wait untill the next rainy spell to se what happens. By the forcast that wont be long to wait either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts