2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda Civic 2003 CTDI which has been sitting on my driveway not driven for past 6 months. I had switched the car on every now and then but now turned it on the other day and cattery was flat and car would not start.

I full charged the battery and the car worked fine for a few days.

Then all of a sudden couple days later the battery went dead again. So I charged it again and it lasted for another few days before battery went dead again.

Is there something wrong with my car or does my Civic need a new battery?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the battery is as old as the car, then it does need a new battery - 10 years of life must be getting close to a record! And if the car has had a new battery at some time another, then two batteries in 10 years is probably about average. We've discussed battery life before, and to be safe I myself am tempted to get one before next winter, when my Civic will be almost five years old. I'll probably be keeping the car for another three years, and reason that I'm going to have to get a new one at some time or another.

Marlburian

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
+1 on the above - if the battery is 10 years old then it's definitely time for a new one! Amazed it has lasted that long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts