2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum Readers,

Would appreciate if anyone has had an experience on the following issue.

I bought my Honda Civic new from a UK honda dealership during Mar 2003. Currently it has less than 31k of mileage and from a recent service, prior to which I raised a problem with the garage to check the gear changes in first and reverse (not smooth, tend to lockup).

The garage informs me that "synchro-hub" and reverse gear selector and holder need to be replaced. The garage realised that my car's problem was reflective with a number of other Honda Civic's from the same period. As a result they contacted Honda and discussed if they were willing to take the hit for the repair work.

Honda's response was to accept the cost of the part (£300) but the customer should pay the labour costs (£300) as the car's 3 year warranty has expired.

Where do I stand in making Honda accept the full costs of the repair work?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
You might be better off seeing if there is a forum that caters for your model year - this forum is for the 2006+ Civic.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Just note that this is a 2006+ Civic Forum

However, for Honda to pay for the part when the car's warranty has expired is a very good deal indeed. I would accept it

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Same here.

Tom

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
I would acccept their offer, my last car a Renault need a new gearbox two weeks out of warranty and Renault dodnt want to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts