2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Forum,

I wanted to know which starter motor will fit my car. For the last couple of months my car had started to make a loud noise immediately after or while starting the engine.

A mechanic has told me that the starter motor is on its way out. Can I buy a starter motor from the 1.4 or 1.6 or Type R Civics or does it have to be from a 2.0 Type S?

Which part do I need?

My car is a 2005 (2001-2005) facelift Honda Civic 2.0 Type S - 5 gear manual petrol.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have you tried any Honda parts site with your VIN number?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried a few breakers sites with my REG, but when looking for new parts there's different part numbers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've tried a few breakers sites with my REG, but when looking for new parts there's different part numbers.
My (fortunately small) experience with breakers shows me they all try to push what they've got.
You'd better check that yourself.
There are a couple of sites out there with full parts catalogue that can help with your VIN or REG.
I don't have their links at hand, at the moment, but google is your friend!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My (fortunately small) experience with breakers shows me they all try to push what they've got.
You'd better check that yourself.
There are a couple of sites out there with full parts catalogue that can help with your VIN or REG.
I don't have their links at hand, at the moment, but google is your friend!
Thank you. I will try to find these sites, they'll be very handy. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts