2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crv cut out after 500yards won't start made usual checks filter etc, when turning over engine it would start while squeezing bleeding bulb but cut out when I stopped . I was told it was hdi pump having fitted one I can't even get it to bleed up there is diesel to the banjo at the top of the pump but not going up to injectors.i have removed pump again and noticed there does not seem to be a fitting on the end of the camshaft to locate the pump shaft into, I hope this makes sense to some of you guys on here as I'm struggling with it any help would be much appreciated .

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Sorry to hear that you have an issue, have a Google search for some suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure how the camshaft drive should look ,I can view my own as the pump is off any ideas as to where I could view some pictures or diagrams would be great ,thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have helped me big time John the Oldham is what is missing it must have came out when removing pump,at least I know what to look for ,thanks let you know the outcome.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
Hopefully it's clear how those two schematics (camshaft/drive plus the pump itself) interface. It looks like the Oldham coupling is shown on both, which helps.

I hope the drive isn't broken, as replacement requires removal of the cam cover, which requires removal of the injectors. I'd be worried where the missing bit has ended up, but good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's great to know what your actually looking for , thanks to your drawing I did and located the Oldham interface stuck down the back of the engine after about an hour. Fitted pump again! bled up ok and a few squeezes on the bulb while turning over it started and has ran fine so far. Jon G thanks so much for taking time to post drawings and your earlier helpful comments. So the original diagnosis of hdi pump seems to have been correct,hope this helps someone else through their troubles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts