2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to rekindle an old issue but simply put, I still have the exact same issue as i have been having for quite some time now.

Just wondered if any of you have managed to sort this?

The car will drop revs to around 500 when slowing to a crawl (usually out of first gear) then as you hit a standstill, the revs pick up to usual idle speed.

Poking around these forums, I beleive it could be an egr related issue - an egr valve that is partially stuck open or isn't closing at the correct time/speed. I am led to believe that it may be the egr not closing fast enough or at the right time due to experiencing no further running issues. The car idles perfectly under no load.

Could the vacuum solenoid be at fault here, not closing the egr off quickly enough, effectively choking the mixture, or am i completly off beat?

I have read one post where the boost vacuum solenoid is described as the same part number as the egr solenoid. If this is the case, where is the boost (turbo) vacuum solenoid located, so that I could try switching these valves around to see if there is an issue with turbo performance, before buying a new solenoid valve should this be the issue?

I have gone on a little too long but I hope that someone on these forums will understand where I am trying to go with this and if I am in the wrong direction, a little nudge in the right path wouldnt go a miss!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have encountered the same problem 2 or 3 times but couldn't relate this problem to engine temperature(I understand that egr valve only works when the engine is cold)

My mechanic said that it could be the flywheel binding in some gears.

If you find a solve to this problem please update the post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts